Shelf life for M&P base???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llineb

Reaction score
How long can I keep my M&P base before I need to use it. I want to order in bulk to get my cost down but I'm afraid it might sit on the shelf for 6 months before I can use it all. Is this ok?

supersoaper3000 said:
Depending on the type of base, you should be able to use it for up to one year on average.

Awesome, I was thinking on ordering the SFIC in bulk but had heard someone say they don't keep M&P base for more than 3 months. This i9s goog new! Thanks!

Someone at SFIC told me that the bases last a pretty long time - as long as you keep it out of sunlight, and as long as the bases don't get super crumbly, they are fine.

Keep the bases wrapped tightly and they should keep longer than a year. On a side note, I found a bar of soap I made just experimenting. It was like almost two years since I made it and believe it or not it still lathered.

I would advice you against purchasing a big quantity right away. There are different bases in the market. Try them first and once you decide which one you like the most then purchase that one in bulk.

Looking at llineb's website, I daresay she is experienced enough to know what base she wants. Pretty stuff!

Someday I will order direct from SFIC, but for my needs at the moment WSP's free shipping rocks my world :wink:

Keep it cool dark and dry and it will last just fine for you I am sure. Best of luck!

supersoaper3000 said:
Looking at llineb's website, I daresay she is experienced enough to know what base she wants. Pretty stuff!

Someday I will order direct from SFIC, but for my needs at the moment WSP's free shipping rocks my world :wink:

Keep it cool dark and dry and it will last just fine for you I am sure. Best of luck!

That's sweet, but the problem is that I don't really get internet orders. We live in a small town and it's mostly craft shows and a few consignment stores. I recently got two wholesale orders that could turn into a regular order. The problem I am having is the soap base that I love from Wisteria Lane ( hard as milled soap) is expensive with the $49.95 fedex shipping added on to it. I was looking for a way to get my cost down so I could actually make some money on my wholesale soap. I was thinking about ordering the mother load from SFIC directly. I just wasn't sure how long i could keep the base. i guess I would need to wrap everything as suggested since they come in unwrapped logs.

If anyone has a hard white base they like that doesn't use fedex to ship it let me know. :0)

Someday I will order direct from SFIC, but for my needs at the moment WSP's free shipping rocks my world
I was very surprised to read this. At least it is working for somebody. I had to switch from WSP because their prices with shipping have become so out of hand for me.

llineb said:
supersoaper3000 said:

That's sweet, but the problem is that I don't really get internet orders. We live in a small town and it's mostly craft shows and a few consignment stores. I recently got two wholesale orders that could turn into a regular order. The problem I am having is the soap base that I love from Wisteria Lane ( hard as milled soap) is expensive with the $49.95 fedex shipping added on to it. I was looking for a way to get my cost down so I could actually make some money on my wholesale soap. I was thinking about ordering the mother load from SFIC directly. I just wasn't sure how long i could keep the base. i guess I would need to wrap everything as suggested since they come in unwrapped logs.

If anyone has a hard white base they like that doesn't use fedex to ship it let me know. :0)

You might check, but that base I believe is very similar to SFIC's low sweat white base. Try http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=761&category_id=45 and they will usually use USPS for shipping and it's fairly reasonable and they carry the SFIC MP bases.

I get all my colors from there but I have never tried their bases. I'll order some. Thanks!

The owner is my melt and pour "diva." I love her stuff!

I used to work close to TKB so it was really dangerous for me, I could order one day and pick up at lunch the next day. Now I work too far away to do that, but still order from her on a regular basis. Customer service is great and I love the colors.

Latest posts

Back