shea butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all the info you guys - you're the best! lots of things for me to research just from this thread alone.

woodi, would love to see some pice of your soap - what a find!

jezzy, are you an anonymous soaper?!? :shock: :lol:

Not only sa but we are friends too 8)
I helped you with your salt bar.... :wink:

Re:

Woodi said:
OK, done now....spent that last couple of hours making a batch. I used 21% shea butter instead of my usual palm, plus 4% cocoa butter, to my usual olive, coc, pk, castor recipe....

Scented it with lavender, eucalyptus and peppermint. It smells SOOOOO fresh! I call this one "Cool Lavender". It sells quickly.

BUT: it's never been so yellow before! So I'm going to add shea in the title (my shea butter is deep yellow in color).

I'll call it: "Very shea - Cool Lavender".

Woodi, glad to hear you are using that butter instead of having it sit in the basement. Just an FYI, it sounds like you have kpangan butter and not shea. its a good butter, but not shea. I have had good luck with it up to 50%.

In addition to the suppliers suggested already, you could try Soaposh, which is also in the UK. Their prices generally, and definitely for shea butter are cheaper than Soap Kitchen and they will ship outside the UK, but you'll need to contact them to find out their rates.

http://www.soaposh.co.uk

:?: Can you replace shea for coconut? I find I itch with any of my bars that have coconut. I superfat but still no good. My recipes vary and call for variety of oils including shea.

Back