Shea Butter CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myra

Reaction score
:lol: Hello everyone.
My name is Myra, I'm very new at soapmaking and I've just joined the forum. I'm hoping that someone out there can help me? The books I have bought are giving me ingredients for Large batches of soap and some of the oils in the recipes are difficult for me to obtain in my area,which is London SE2.

I would like to make 1kg batch of soap at a time. The books I have,do give me 1kg batches, but no recipes for 1kg amounts which will include
SHEA BUTTER.

Can anybody please HELP?

Myra :?
[/b]

Hi Myra, welcome to the forum.

The reason that the books would be giving you large batch recipes is so that if you make a mistake measuring, it is a little more forgiving. The smaller the batch size, the more careful you have to be about weighing accurately.

This is a 1kg batch of a recipe I make for my gran -
420g Olive Oil
200g Coconut Oil
50g Shea Butter

94g Lye (sodium hydroxide)
234g Water.

If you want to add a fragrance, add no more than 25g of either FO or EO.

EVERYTHING is weights, not volume. Weigh in grams and be sure to be accurate. Good luck, let us know how you go! :lol:

welcome!

here is the holy grail of soapmaking.... www.soapcalc.com

you can enter the oils you are using either by weight or percent. If you'd like to include shea butter, you can use any recipe you like and just replace some of the other oils with shea butter.

take a look at it and play around a little bit, it takes a while to get to know it, feel free to come back with any questions! :)

Also search every thread about Soapcalc you can. They will teach you
how to use it effectively and then you can make whatever size
batch your little 'ole heart desires.

I learned so much that way.

Welcome to the forum. You will like it here.

Laurie

Latest posts

Back