Shea Butter & Congestion - referenced in the eczema thre

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carebear

Reaction score
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 86/?page=1

It is concluded that shea butter may prove more efficacious in nasal congestion than conventional nasal drops.

I myself believe this and do coat the inside of my nose with unrefined shea (FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE) when I have a cold. It works.
The dose in the study confuses me as I cannot imagine how cramming TWO TO FOUR GRAMS of the stuff up your nose would do anything beyond stuffing it up, but whatever... ;)

Thanks for this tip.
I suffer a lot from hayfever and sinus, so this might just do the trick. I'd much rather stick shea up my nose than pseudo ephedrine chemicals.

Thanks for posting this, carebear.

My sister has problems with her sinuses. I wonder if it would help her. I'm going to mention it to her and see if she'd be willing to try it. I certainly have enough shea. :lol:

according to the study, people stuck it up there with their fingers (not melted)

am feeling a little congested...will try this tonight!

fascinating link!

it can also trap pollen and other allergens on their way in, which provides a benefit.

post how it works for you!

maybe it soothes the inside of the sinuses if you do it like a saline flush?? thats the only way I could see getting 2-4g of it up anyones nose lol... thats nuts!!

A very good tip though! going to do this next time! :)

well I can't say there was a dramatic difference but I didn't use a lot (seemed like way too much to jam up the schnozz)

On the other hand, I'm no longer congested;)

Back