Shea butter and cocoa butter suppliers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sas

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im a newbie and looking for place to shop for shea butter and cocoa butter.
Any suggestion are greatly appreciate.

Thank you
Sas

What kinds of quantities are you looking for? If you are buying large quantities, Soaper's Choice is a good way to go. But if you just want a little bit to try:
1) Healthfood stores - they often carry small quantities of things like shea butter, cocoa butter and beeswax.
2) Local soap and candle supply stories
3) Grocery store: My local Publix carries this: Queen Helene - 100% Cocoa Butter Stick
Again this is a small amount if you just want to try it out.
You may want to start a new thread with a title like Looking for Supplies in Des Moines, Iowa area.

What kinds of quantities are you looking for? If you are buying large quantities, Soaper's Choice is a good way to go. But if you just want a little bit to try:
1) Healthfood stores - they often carry small quantities of things like shea butter, cocoa butter and beeswax.
2) Local soap and candle supply stories
3) Grocery store: My local Publix carries this: Queen Helene - 100% Cocoa Butter Stick
Again this is a small amount if you just want to try it out.
You may want to start a new thread with a title like Looking for Supplies in Des Moines, Iowa area.
Thats true! Thank you for your suggestion. I am looking for a small quantity right now as I just started it! I will start a new thread to search for local supplies.

Thanks again,
Sas

For small quantity of Cocoa Butter, the sticks that dixiedragon mentions is exactly what I used when I first started out. Dollar General carries them. So does Walgreens. They're commonly sold in many places, actually, but I found DG to have the most affordable price.

Shea Butter in non-soapmaking stores, tends to be quite pricey, however, so I only buy that from soap making suppliers.

SoapersChoice is my favorite source for most of my online orders of soaping oils, because it is in Illinois and they ship super fast. I often have my order in only 1 or 2 days. They are that fast, but of course I only live less than 200 miles from the warehouse. Still you are not much further than I.

However, Essential Depot in Florida, used to have super sales on Shea Butter and I got quite a few orders for it from them in the past. It used to be a thing that I could get a cube of it for free with orders, too, but I don't know if they are still doing that.

Latest posts

Back