shea-aloe whip

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
OK, so broke down & ordred some shea-aloe whip from * you know where*. I have always whipped mine from scratch but thought I would give this a try & maybe save myself some time this Holiday season. Straight out of the jar the whip is a heavenly light fluffy texture.... but.... it feels sticky on the skin, my testers noted it too. Anyone else get this impresssion?

*waves hand* I ended up dropping it from my line...

It whips up really nicely and easily though. I added and 3mL Jojoba oil to about a 1/2 pound and used the whip attachment on my mixer. And just whipped it for about 2 mins. Staid firm and didn't fall...

I love this stuff! :lol: Have you tried adding some Dry Flo or Natrasorb? Plain ole cornstarch?

Digit

digit said:
I love this stuff! :lol: Have you tried adding some Dry Flo or Natrasorb? Plain ole cornstarch?

Digit

I have like half a pound left...It's yours!

Lane said:
digit said:

Digit

I have like half a pound left...It's yours!
:shock: You are sooooo good to me!!! Thank you!!!! :lol: :lol:

Digit

Edited to add: Tab - I am not sure about stickiness, try it. And let us know. I do not find it to be sticky. Hmmm.......

I've tried corn starch, but wasn't sure how much I should use. I used 1 tsp for 4 oz. of body butter and it's still a little greasier than I would like. Can I use more?

what about using 1% cyclomethicone? It works devine in our body fluff and lotion recipes.

I don't mind the grease, in fact I like it. It's the *sticky* that bothers me & that is from the aloe.

Good idea, I bet I could use 1# shea aloe & like 4-5 pounds staright shea, add a cup of light oil & that would make the aloe % low enough it should be sticky.

Back