Shaving soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally made some dual lye shaving soap - the lather is otherworldly. Also I love how it looks like a little beret on this brush. Scented with bay laurel.
3837406E-3672-42A8-8146-CC858A8290E9.jpeg

also… I received a package of FREE scent samples from Stock Fragrances. If you haven’t heard of them, I think they are a relatively new company and they will send small cards with all of their CP fragrances for the cost of postage. I wish every company did this! Found a couple I love and bought some 2 ounce samples to try them out in CP.

Last edited:
I can’t unsee the happy little chap in the beret 😂
I’m glad your soap turned out great! Shave soap on my list of things to try soon.

I finally made some dual lye shaving soap - the lather is otherworldly. Also I love how it looks like a little beret on this brush. Scented with bay laurel.
View attachment 67087
also… I received a package of FREE scent samples from Stock Fragrances. If you haven’t heard of them, I think they are a relatively new company and they will send small cards with all of their CP fragrances for the cost of postage. I wish every company did this! Found a couple I love and bought some 2 ounce samples to try them out in CP.
Hey Vicki C, can we have an update on Stock Fragrances? Sounds pretty interesting, just wondering on how successful you've been in soaping with their FOs.

Hey Vicki C, can we have an update on Stock Fragrances? Sounds pretty interesting, just wondering on how successful you've been in soaping with their FOs.
Sure - I will say all their fragrances stick beautifully. I have used the following:
Ginger Wood - my fave - no ricing, acceleration, or discoloration.
Liquid Patchouli - wonderful fragrance - accelerates a little but worth it. No discoloration.
Magnolia - love this one but does accelerate. No discoloration.
English Ivy - accelerated a little - strong.
Redwood Forest - accelerates - nice fragrance though. Sold well.
winter woods - accelerated - no discoloration. Strong. Similar to Redwood Forest. Doesn’t have the balsam scent of other “winter woods” type fragrances.
cashmere woods - no acceleration or discoloration - love this one.
Paulownia Wood - haven’t used yet
Fig Leaf - I think didn’t accelerate? Cant remember and my notes aren’t handy.
Horchata Rum - haven’t soaped with. This is the only fragrance of theirs that I’m not in love with, to me it smells a little off.
Banana Flower I have used in lotion, not soap, and I love this fragrance. Really light warm pleasant floral.
Mango Blossom - haven’t used yet

Sure - I will say all their fragrances stick beautifully. I have used the following:
Ginger Wood - my fave - no ricing, acceleration, or discoloration.
Liquid Patchouli - wonderful fragrance - accelerates a little but worth it. No discoloration.
Magnolia - love this one but does accelerate. No discoloration.
English Ivy - accelerated a little - strong.
Redwood Forest - accelerates - nice fragrance though. Sold well.
winter woods - accelerated - no discoloration. Strong. Similar to Redwood Forest. Doesn’t have the balsam scent of other “winter woods” type fragrances.
cashmere woods - no acceleration or discoloration - love this one.
Paulownia Wood - haven’t used yet
Fig Leaf - I think didn’t accelerate? Cant remember and my notes aren’t handy.
Horchata Rum - haven’t soaped with. This is the only fragrance of theirs that I’m not in love with, to me it smells a little off.
Banana Flower I have used in lotion, not soap, and I love this fragrance. Really light warm pleasant floral.
Mango Blossom - haven’t used yet
Awesome, and thanks for sharing. What a unique idea this company had!

Latest posts

Back