Shaving soap not slick enough

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the strings in the corn when you husk them, that's the stuff. I dried them and kept them whole in a baggy, unlike @violets2217. Grinding up after dry would save some time later, but I just cut the dried strings into little bits as I held it over the water. Same as I do with regular silk.
Hi, how much corn silk do you use? It’s the season…

My shaving soap recipe is as follows:

42% Stearic Acid
25% Coconut Oil
25% Cocoa Butter
8% Avocado Oil

70/30 KOH/NaOH
15% Vegetable Glycerin
5% Super Fat (Shea butter)
1 tsp ppo Sodium Lactate
5-8% FO based on the FO I am using

The soap produces amazing lather that is creamy and stable and I like that. However, lather is not slick enough. I am trying to do a vegan recipe so not trying to add tallow or lard for now, I am also not trying to add any clay as that will dull my straight razors edge.

What else can I do to add some slickness to this soap? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Hi, just wondering if you were still having problems with the slickness of your shave soap's lather? I make shave soaps. If you haven't found a solution, maybe I can offer some help if you still need it? I know this thread is old, and I have a shave soap thread up, so I thought I'd take a look.

Latest posts

Back