Shaving Soap Mash-Up!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaimeM

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!! I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to try a shaving soap. I've read all 12 pages of the thread Songwind started, been absolutely fascinated with what Skatergirl46 and Crazy8 are doing, and love all the imput that DeeAnna, MarktheBoxGuy, and Lindy have added to improve the recipes.

I made a mash-up of Songwind and Skatergirl46's recipes:

52% Stearic Acid
48% Coconut Oil
KoH
3 Tbsp Glycerin (ppo) after cooking
1 Tbsp Kaolin (ppo) after cooking
1.5% Sodium Lactate
.5oz FO (ppo)

I HP'd it in a crockpot this morning (small 1# trial run) and was a little disappointed that it didn't transfer into my Pringles can molds as smoothly as I had hoped. Never fear, a yogurt tub and some silicone cupcake molds saved the day!

So, after it hardened, I started bugging my husband to try it, but he was in no mood today. I gave a 'cupcake' of shaving soap to my Dad, and he promised to report back tomorrow. But, even THAT wasn't good enough for me. I needed to know if it was as amazing as everyone claimed it was...

So I set my kid up in front of the TV (awesome parenting skills, I know) and grabbed one of my shaving cupcakes and hopped into the bath to shave my legs. Sure, it smelled like a dude (lol, MarktheBoxGuy) but I didn't care. I was going to have a proper shave!

Okay, it's not orthodox, but I used a bath scrubby to lather up my soap and OMG it was frothy and amazing and was a good width for soaping body parts larger than a jawline. My legs were shaved in a quarter of the time it normally takes. It took me nearly a whole leg to figure out why. I normally just use my regular soap for shaving, which tends to gum up my razor blades and I spend way too much time trying to clean the hairs off so I can make another pass. This time the razor nearly repelled the hair, and with a cleaner razor I got a closer, smoother shave, without needing multiple passes! Score!

I had so much time, I shaved my arms. Yes, the under part, but I was done so quickly I made a couple of swipes and did the forearms too! Um, still with that single lather of my scrubby, didn't have to reload it the whole time.

But the cupcake of shaving soap sitting on the edge of the tub made me think of the line from that Lady Gaga song, you know, where she's bluffin' with her muffin'? I had shaved everything else, I had to go for it. Holy Cats, this is the best Lady Business shaving soap I've ever used, and I've tried many. Ahem. Sorry if it's TMI, but I had to add it for the ladies who like to tend their garden.

Start to finish, my shaving experiment was less than 10 minutes. For me, that was a new speed record. Feeling kind of amazing, so while I was on my soapy high, I wanted to share my findings. If I had waited until the morning my modesty would have kicked back in... LOL!!!

xo Jaime

But the cupcake of shaving soap sitting on the edge of the tub made me think of the line from that Lady Gaga song, you know, where she's bluffin' with her muffin'? I had shaved everything else, I had to go for it. Holy Cats, this is the best Lady Business shaving soap I've ever used, and I've tried many. Ahem.
Oh, that muffin. I thought you meant your muffin top, i.e. your head!

Nice "report from the field", Jaime! Excellent news to hear the soap works well on the nether bits. --DeeAnna

You have inspired me! I bought the Stearic Acid a few weeks ago after reading the thread you spoke of planning to make this soap. Now I will have to get it out of the box and use it!

BTW I think the name "Lady Business shave soap" would be great!

WOW!!! That's hilarious. Way to go on being smooth EVERYWHERE. I'm a wet shaving man and have much invested into my shaving creams and a beautiful Murker 34C HD razor. Even though your recipe is kind of a mash-up its great to hear that you're getting some awesome results. Once key thing, when you were talking about using just soap to shave before, it makes a huge difference when you have a slick soap that lets your blade slide ever so nicely and lets you get closer to your skin and get those BBS (Baby Butt Smooth) shaves. Congrats on your success with this and keep up the great work. Whats even better is even though you couldn't get a quick enough answer from the men in your life, it's always nice to know that it also works for you. So now other than its scent, you have something that works for men and the ladies. ;)

Th is just made me laugh really loud and my wife said what are you reading, and I say some lady was bluffing her muffin and she said and all this time I thought you were on the soap forums... I said but baby I am I promise... :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Soap Making mobile app

Th is just made me laugh really loud and my wife said what are you reading, and I say some lady was bluffing her muffin and she said and all this time I thought you were on the soap forums... I said but baby I am I promise... :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Soap Making mobile app

ROFLMBO. That's funny.

That was a pretty entertaining OP! It is great to know the full extent of your shaving soaps attributes though. Lol! Congrats on your shave soap!

Back