Shaving Soap Mash-Up!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about halfway through my little cupcake of shaving soap and its only gotten better since my original post! I will never go back to the other stuff!
LOL Skatergirl46! I think it's an OC thing!

Thank-you for the informative and very entertaining post :) I was wondering earlier about shaving soap... although since it is Winter now I'm happy to let the fuzz grow a little! I normally use hair conditioner to shave with, I'd totally forgotten you can actually buy shaving soap!

I don’t know if you posted this (I went through this thread a while ago and just now have finally got all the ingredients needed to make this) but what do put as the super fat in soapcalc? Thanks!

Great, thank you. I was thinking somewhere between 5% - 8%... I didn't want too much but I was afraid not to do enough. Glad to know what you used since it worked so great!

Yeah, I'd keep the superfat 5% or maybe a bit higher. Too much SF and the soap might not lather as well.

I know this is an older thread, but just gave it a go..

Don't have sodium lactate si I skipped it...
Subbed with rose clay and scented with tangerine and vanilla eo's
Did 60/40 koh and naoh

Smells amazing, have it hardening just want to say I think this is gonna be awesome...

The op used kaolin clay, I didn't have it so I used rose.. not as a sub for SL.. sry guess that was confusing..

Im hoping it stays a pretty rose ish color though, but doubt it with using vanilla eo.. I half expect it to turn doodie brown with the way my luck runs

Back