Shavers - ever tried conditioner?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I know we've got some hard-core devotees to good shaving soap. I actually wax so I haven't shaved anything in years. (TMI, maybe?) My sister swears by shaving with conditioner. Every tried it? My thought is that for shaving you don't need the cleansing properties of soap - just the slippery properties.

I have and it works pretty good but it doesn't work as well as a good shave soap. My daughter used coconut oil, she likes my shave soap but its too much work for her since mine is designed to lather with a brush.

I used conditioner for a bit but it has to be water soluble. I prefer a soap bar that lathers well. I tried lush's shaving lotion (a long while ago) and it was a HORRIBLE experience. It clogged up my razor, got my tub a mess and didn't wash off easily... It was not water soluble.

In what way is the soap better?

My soap is slicker and has better cushion so the shave is closer. It also doesn't clog up my razor no matter how long I have neglected my legs. I don't care for how condition makes my skin feel, its icky and has to be washed off with soap.

Latest posts

Back