Quantcast

Shave Soap_Success Finally

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the new today that I finally did it and made a successful shave soap. This is the soft type, forget what it is called, poured in an 8 oz jar with enough space to lather it up. I gave it to a male wet shaver to test and was told today that it is fantastic. Kicks up a great cushion type lather, and he told me he did not have to re-apply it. I asked him if he thought it was good enough for market and he said absolutely. Yeah, 2 yrs I have been trying to make a nice shave soap. He also tested my harder puck, said it was nice, but not as nice as the softer one.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Congrats :) nice to see your hard work paid off. What was the scent? or is that irrelevant?

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! So you only used KOH? Those are usually called a croap, being between a cream and a soap in texture
Thankyou EG I just knew you would come to my rescue and let me know what type I made. I used 20% NaOH, 80% KOH, 50% stearic, beef tallow, coconut oil, soft oil, sodium lactate. and added in 5 oz glycerin after cook to 32 oz oils. Hp'ed it
Scented with Lemongrass and Cedarwood. Fragranced it at .8 ppo

Last edited:

Latest posts