Shave Soap_Success Finally

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got the new today that I finally did it and made a successful shave soap. This is the soft type, forget what it is called, poured in an 8 oz jar with enough space to lather it up. I gave it to a male wet shaver to test and was told today that it is fantastic. Kicks up a great cushion type lather, and he told me he did not have to re-apply it. I asked him if he thought it was good enough for market and he said absolutely. Yeah, 2 yrs I have been trying to make a nice shave soap. He also tested my harder puck, said it was nice, but not as nice as the softer one.

Congrats :) nice to see your hard work paid off. What was the scent? or is that irrelevant?

Congratulations! So you only used KOH? Those are usually called a croap, being between a cream and a soap in texture
Thankyou EG I just knew you would come to my rescue and let me know what type I made. I used 20% NaOH, 80% KOH, 50% stearic, beef tallow, coconut oil, soft oil, sodium lactate. and added in 5 oz glycerin after cook to 32 oz oils. Hp'ed it
Scented with Lemongrass and Cedarwood. Fragranced it at .8 ppo

Last edited:
Back