Shave Soap in a Cup?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Copyright shall be duly respected given that it is a private creative venture. Pursuant to RD 189/2012, the owner of any intellectual property that is freely loaned, given, transferred or otherwise assigned should be named and any royalties thereof should be paid to same, under the terms and conditions of agreements entered into between the two parties."

I do this stuff for a living, you know...

Many thanks, Zany!

Anyone wanna buy a cool CP shave soap recipe...?
How much?

How much?
Hi! I was thinking about making shaving soap in enamel cups/mugs - now I’m not sure it’s a good idea.
At first I though I’d first ask if it’s ok to pour the batter directly into enamel or if it somehow influences the quality of the soap?
But now I’m not sure if it’s a good idea because of the depth? Attached are two pics of the mug I would intend on using... thwy dont seem all too tall or wide 🤷‍♀️
Any tips for me?
Hi! I made shaving soap and cured it directly in this cup and several others that I gave as gifts---four years ago...maybe five?

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2
I've shared the recipe with two SMF members privately. I have neither the time nor the inclination at the moment to share it on SMF. Maybe later in 2020. I hereby give @SirTim permission to share it as he sees fit as long as it is passed on as "Zany's CP Shave Soap".
Please let us know if you do share it here. I’d love to try it. ❤️

Well, I found it lathered up very generously for a CP soap, and the lather was stable, too. But the real beauty of the recipe is that it lubricates really nicely. The blade just glides over the skin.

If you are ever inclined to share I would also be grateful for any tips. I have previously read (and tried to digest) the incredibly long shaving thread elsewhere in the forum. I've made that one, one with soy wax, and a couple others and none are quite right. The man really deserves a better shave soap than I'm able to formulate right now. (He always so gracious about guinea pigging for me. <3) I will keep plugging away at any rate. He has one puck left so need to get going again soon.

Hope

Latest posts

Back