Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update, finally the shave soap was a success!!! I didn't allow the soap to cook, when my temps were good I just stick blended until it no longer separated. Then I added my glycerine and EO's. At this point it was like mashed potato. As soon as it was all well combined, I quickly put into my molds. I will give it a good cure.
The confusion about the soap calcs has been a real eye opener for me. I have to say I am not happy with the soapee dual lye calculator compared to my own and mystic mountain sage it seems to make very lye heavy formulations. I changed the recipe I did not use the soapee calc I used my own and compared it to mountain sage. There was quite a difference with the lye percentage and finished superfat. I have been soaping for many years and I am very happy with the feel of my finished soaps.
I hope this thread helps somebody else who gets stuck like me! Thanks for all the help, happy soaping all.

Latest posts

Back