Shave soap containers Show ME!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprice522

Reaction score
I am going to make the shave soap from the giant thread and use all KOH recipe and to make the right kind of lather from a brush, what kind of container should I use?

I have several already that I have found and gathered at the 50% off Goodwill from time to time to make whipped butters to give as gifts and think something might be the right size shape, but want to make sure it's not to wide or skinny to tall or short....

Can you guide me to the right sized container-- brush foaming men and women?

I squish my hubby's shave croaps into an old coffee mug that he's had hanging around the house forever. That's what I love about making the croap-kind of shaving soaps made with all or mostly KOH. They are firm, yet stay soft enough forever to squish into any kind of container you desire. At least mine are. I make my shave soap with 64% KOH and 36% NaOH. I'm actually in the process of cooking a batch up right now, as a matter of fact. It's almost done cooking...... off I go to check on it!

IrishLass :)

I use salsa bowls I find at the dollar store. I like that they are wider & shallower then coffee mugs.
plasticmolc-jpg.jpg

I remember seeing the coffee mug thing, but wondered if it was too narrow for a good whipping movement needed to work up the lather...must not be if you gentleman is fine with it.

This is for a man with no experience too...have the brush, just waiting on silly me to try it. Don't know why, but I am just kinda apprehensive about this one. Been diving in like crazy on regular CP, but this I have been putting off and it NEEDs to get done or he will BUY a can of foam.

I remember seeing the coffee mug thing, but wondered if it was too narrow for a good whipping movement needed to work up the lather...must not be if you gentleman is fine with it.

This is for a man with no experience too...have the brush, just waiting on silly me to try it. Don't know why, but I am just kinda apprehensive about this one. Been diving in like crazy on regular CP, but this I have been putting off and it NEEDs to get done or he will BUY a can of foam.

It depends on the diameter of the coffee mug. Some have nicely wide-enough rims. A handle on the side is nice to have, too.

IrishLass :)

I poured my recent batch into a Pringles can and then sliced it. Put it in a round tupperware and load the brush. I like to build lather in Dollar Tree salsa bowls too. Before I got the salsa bowl, I tried to do lather in a second tupperware and it just wasn't as great. The salsa bowl really helps! I use my soap on my legs and BF loves it for his face. He said he's never going back to that store bought stuff again.

It's really not that bad of a process. I kinda like it cause I get some down time. I like using the two part method where you add the stearic acid after the lye solution. I haven't quite mastered the whole process though. My batter always has little white spots and I wonder if it's because of how quickly the stearic acid and lye react. Or it could be the pieces from the side of the crockpot. But even my first attempt was better than any canned foam.

Latest posts

Back