Sharp salt crystals in salt bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
well awhile back I made some salt bars that everyone liked. I did get that one text of blood drawn on one of my contractor buddies. To say "not good" is putting it mildly...thank God for testers!
So here's the question..what can I do with this sharp salt? It's large grained Himalayan salt and grinding it from what I've read here makes smaller sharp surfaces. Is the salt dissolved into solution with a brine bar?I'd really like to use it up in making soap....I was raised from the mid 1970's on a low salt diet so using it culinarily , well, that won't work.
Thanks to all!

Yes, when you make a brine bar, you dissolve the salt in the water before you add the lye. Brine soap has a lot less salt in it but its a good way to use up your coarse salt. You could also make bath salts with it.
I had the same thing happen to me, I got a long slice across my chest from sharp salt. Now I only use fine grain salt and never Himalayan salt, even the fine can be too sharp.

Latest posts

Back