Sharing soap at work - your thoughts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on sharing cold process soap as hand soap in the workplace? I brought a bar of my soap to work along with a soap dish because I have so much laying around at home. I only share the bathroom with maybe 5-7 other guys at work. It's a cubicle type office atmosphere. I am not sure if anyone else is using it but I brought it because I hate the commercial liquid soap they use. Do you think it's skeevy or weird to share soap with other people at work?

No, it's not skeevy at all. When I started nursing and before hospitals started using liquid soap dispensers, we all shared bar soap at sink-side.

You may not remember this, but that was also the practice in public restrooms for a very long time. Liquid soap dispensers have not been around very long in the overall scheme of things.

We need more awareness about what real soap feels like, I think that is an awesome thing to do. People can decide for themselves whether or not they will use it.

(skeevy - I learned a new word today, thanks!)

JUST AN FYI... I do find myself getting angry when I see co-workers are not taking care of my bars like I would at home. When I go to wash my hands and find the bar in a puddle of water and not on the soap saver I brought in, I make sure I wash my hands a bit longer and count to 10 a few times. But other than that.... I LOVE sharing my soap at work!!! :oops:;)🤪

JUST AN FYI... I do find myself getting angry when I see co-workers are not taking care of my bars like I would at home. When I go to wash my hands and find the bar in a puddle of water and not on the soap saver I brought in, I make sure I wash my hands a bit longer and count to 10 a few times. But other than that.... I LOVE sharing my soap at work!!! :oops:;)🤪

I know the feeling! I have an information leaflet that I wrote and fold behind every soap label. And amongst other things, I write that; soaps can`t swim so leave them out of the water. After all, they have no hands so their life jackets keep sliding off...

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Back