Sharing recipes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wbocrafter, I do not know what other's use but I stopped using essential oils in soap. They hardly survive and the scent does not stick, You need to anchor them, and still expensive, too expensive. With FO I can sell them at decent price. :)

I mostly use FO. I do use a some EO's like lemongrass, patchouli, 15x orange, litsea, lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, rosemary and mint. FO stick better plus my customers like scents that don't come in EO.

I'm another FO convert. I started out using EO's because they are "natural" until I realized that the process for getting the oil out of the plant is anything but. And besides there is no EO for Monkey Farts.:mrgreen: That and DW Jan loves lilac in bloom and White gardenia. You know the ones that accelerate...

I use mostly EOs here, although there are a few FOs I really like, but I stay mostly away from the truly expensive ones, and researched which ones were likely to fade

Recipes are all over but they tend to be buried in threads. It's not an easy topic to search unless you are more specific. I think if you search for "shea butter soap" you will find some recipes, for example.

Leave the word "soap" out. It is in a ton of threads. Just search "shea butter". Or "tallow" to narrow down that search.

Recipes are buried in threads. Threads that have lots of good information and discussion about what those recipes do or do not do.

Back