share your tips and suggestions for valentine,s day .

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeali

Reaction score
Hello all respected members here ,
Please guide me what kind of soap I should make for valentine,s day ?Being a new bee have no idea about this special day ,so plz do share your ideas what are you going to make ?Thanks in advance .

I have a beer soap for guys, a dark kiss for ladies and monkey farts for kids. Its pushing it at this point to have cured soaps done in time (7 weeks left!)

7 weeks!! PANIC!! Valentine's tends to get sort shrift here, b/c we're all in such a lather (tee hee) trying to get prepped for Christmas.

This weekend I want to do something like this:
http://www.acesoapmolds.com/soap-pics.html
It's the one on the right. I can't find the original tutorial, but it's pretty simple. In this case, the mold was filled with white soap, and then (I think) a frosting bag was used to pipe red dots into the white soap. I think you would use a frosting bag to make sure the dot went all the way through and wasn't just laying on the top. Then you take a chopstick or a bamboo skewer and drag it through each dot. Put the chop stick into the white soap, then drag it into the red dot. As it enters the red dot, it carries some white soap with it and makes the top of the heart, and as it leaves the red dot the skewer drags some red soap with it, making the tail of the heart. I'm thinking of doing with a vanilla FO I have that is supposed to discolor a dark brown, then adding some titanium dioxide to the batter for the dots, so it's a dark brown soap with medium brown hearts.

I also want to make some pink and grey bars with rose clay and charcoal, similar to these:
http://www.brambleberry.com/Charcoal-and-Rose-Clay-Spa-Bar-Kit-P5816.aspx

Here's my Valentine's soap. I've told my grandkids they may give one bar to each of their teachers. We'll make some bath bombs to go along with the soap. My 6 y.o. grandson is already very excited by the entire prospect.

The soap is made with silk proteins and heavy cream and a luscious blend of oils, scented with lemongrass and ylang ylang. I wanted to do a vertical swirl but it thickened up a little too quickly to do it.

Silk and Cream.jpg

Here's my Valentine's soap. I've told my grandkids they may give one bar to each of their teachers. We'll make some bath bombs to go along with the soap. My 6 y.o. grandson is already very excited by the entire prospect.

The soap is made with silk proteins and heavy cream and a luscious blend of oils, scented with lemongrass and ylang ylang. I wanted to do a vertical swirl but it thickened up a little too quickly to do it.
its looking bbeautiful ,and thanks for the idea of bath bombs.

Latest posts

Back