Share your favorite bath and body recipes!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Dahila

Reaction score
that's an old thread........ and we do not use cups or teaspoons, we use percentage and weight here, Welcome to the forum. you should make your own thread :)

biarine

Reaction score
Here's my favourite body product in winter.

Body butter

50g meadowfoam oil
50g peach kernel oil
30g black seed oil
30g cacao butter
15g Shea butter
15g mango butter
5g rosehip oil
10g beeswax ( optional)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon lavender or rosewood
1-2 g liquid silk
1-2g vitamin E

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my favourite body product in winter.

Body butter

50g meadowfoam oil
50g peach kernel oil
30g black seed oil
30g cacao butter
15g Shea butter
15g mango butter
5g rosehip oil
10g beeswax ( optional)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon lavender or rosewood
1-2 g liquid silk
1-2g vitamin E
Correct me If I am wrong, but isn't liquid silk water based? I am paranoid about adding any water to anhydrous without a preservative

biarine

Reaction score
Correct me If I am wrong, but isn't liquid silk water based? I am paranoid about adding any water to anhydrous without a preservative

That's a good point, I am not sure but I am using the same recipe for 2 years now but they're ok. I will ask my Chemist friend.

asmita

Reaction score
That's a good point, I am not sure but I am using the same recipe for 2 years now but they're ok. I will ask my Chemist friend.
You get water-based silk and oil-soluble silk. For anhydrous products use oil-soluble ones.

Laurabolyard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For body butter, I do 50% firm butters, 25% coconut oil (if there's another semi-firm oil/butter out there I suspect it would be good too), and 25% liquid oil. But the absolute magic ingredient is tapioca starch. I use it at a rate of a little shy of a level teaspoon per cup of oils. Just toss it in after you get it whipped and mix well. I'm telling you, the difference is just stunning. It takes it from feeling like a greasy mess to something really silky, and luxurious. It's not just that it cuts the oily feeling- it's amazing stuff.
I'm thinking about trying this, as I have everything on hand. Any thoughts? Also, I have some apricot oil, but I am completely unfamiliar with that.

I'm thinking about trying this, as I have everything on hand. Any thoughts? Also, I have some apricot oil, but I am completely unfamiliar with that.
Lol, is this thread still breathing? :bunny:

Last edited by a moderator:

Clarice

We are one...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please keep this thread alive! I just read through it and have about 10 things I have to try! Thanks to all for all the great recipes!

@biarine can you post a little bit more about how you blend all these ingredients (order, do you whip or not, any tips?)

I have all on hand, except the liquid silk - and I have the black seed oil in capsule form for colds - so in a pinch i could use them while I order some!

My winter skin is itching for some relief!!!

Thank you!

Whoops - I also forgot to mention that various links to "swiftmonkey" are dead (blog either closed or private?) and I was wondering if any of you still have the recipes / info that were referenced and would be willing to share?
  • your first lotion (post #6)
  • butter comparison (post #29
Thanks much!

Last edited by a moderator:

servin

Reaction score
I've never had the opportunity to work with mango butter. Is it as hard as cocoa butter or more like Shea? Trying to figure out how to substitute. I need something more serious for my skin. Firewood season is upon us and my poor hands...
I LOVE mango butter!! It leaves skin feeling almost silky:)

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
SPONSOR
Reaction score
I LOVE mango butter!! It leaves skin feeling almost silky:)
This person hasn't been here in two years, so I doubt will see your quoted post to them.

Latest posts