alexrock23 said:Detoxifying Bath
* 2 drops of Geranium
* 2 drops of Rosemary
* 2 drop of Juniper Berry
* 2 drops of Lavender
Mix together in an amber bottle. Then add 5−8 drops to bath. You might want to mix a larger quantity so you can use on a weekly basis.
Recipe adapted from Aromatherapy Handbook for Beauty, Hair, and Skin Care by Erich Keller
I don't know where you got these recipes but the percentages in both add up to 99% which only leaves 1% for the remaining three ingredients. I highly recommend you read SBN's blog on lotion making. http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/cherrychnagan said:I am making a lotion similar to Shea Terra's which has distilled water, shea butter, e-wax, stearic, and a water preservative. The shea is at 20%, water at 79%. How much stearic, e-wax, and water preservative do I need?
Also, I'll be making a lighter version with 15% shea, and 84% water. What percentages of stearic, e-wax, and preservative do I need for this version?
All my thanks in advance.
I do not see recipes on their site but it did have links to other sites is that what you mean?My new favs are the Bramble Berry recipe for lotion bars (I can sub butters and oils) I don't use color or fragrance. And Nature's Garden recipe for Dream Cream. Both recipes are on their sites.
Do you use the Lotion Bar Love recipe? I like that one! I use the amount of shea as cocoa and then the amount of cocoa as shea as I like a harder bar and they're really nice! I also leave out the green tea extract (because I don't have it). I pour them into guest soap molds and put them into tins when they're hardMy new favs are the Bramble Berry recipe for lotion bars (I can sub butters and oils) I don't use color or fragrance. And Nature's Garden recipe for Dream Cream. Both recipes are on their sites.