Share your favorite aromatherapy recipe!

Discussion in 'Aromatherapy, Herbs and Essential Oils' started by Mandy, Jul 18, 2007.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Aug 2, 2018 #41

LadyV

LadyV

LadyV

My favorite EO Blends

2 parts Lavender, 1 part Frankincense

3 parts Lavender, 2 parts Orange, 1 part Pine

2. Aug 2, 2018 #42

shazran

shazran

shazran

Me to

3. Aug 2, 2018 #43

DeeAnna

DeeAnna

DeeAnna

@shazran -- MakeMineIrish posted that in 2013, so it's been awhile, and fragrance oils come and go. The best way to find out if SweetCakes still carries this dupe is to visit to the SweetCakes website and check.

4. Sep 6, 2018 #44

dbloomingdale

dbloomingdale

dbloomingdale

One of my faves is really simple. Sandalwood FO (because I cant afford the EO) and Lime EO. It is a great unisex scent.

LadyV likes this.
  5. Sep 6, 2018 #45

KimT2au

KimT2au

KimT2au

You bet they die Supporting Member

My absolute all time favourite EO mix is equal orange and cinnamon. Trouble with that combination is that both EOs have a high potential for skin contact allergies. When I first got my EOs I saw the warning right there on the bottle warning me not to place it directly onto the skin and thought, "Huh, what do they know" and immediately placed the oil combination on my pulse points (yes, at school I was THAT child who could not resist a dare.) I smelled wonderful but within about 2 minutes I had hives at each place I had put the EOs and my skin was burning and itchy. Since then I have been afraid to use either of these in soap in case I end up with an all over skin reaction. I would like to mix them with a carrier oil and use them as a "perfume". Any thoughts on the ratio of carrier oils:EO's I might be able to use for a "perfume"? I did look at using a FO but apparently FOs for cinnamon also have the same potential for skin allergies :(

6. Oct 1, 2018 #46

C0hrisLynn

C0hrisLynn

C0hrisLynn

One of my most popular mixes taht I also love is Patchouli, with a hint of Peppermint and just a couple of drops of Lemongrass. I love peppermint and patchouli so I use them in almost equal parts, but the patchouli is meant to be the main focal point of this blend but mix it up as you wish!

Another combination I really love, and it's a great calming, natural blend is Lavender, Cedarwood, and Tea Tree. It's so great!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2018
    LadyV likes this.
  7. Jan 22, 2019 #47

MGM

MGM

MGM

I like Cilantro and Peppermint or Cilantro and Lime or Lemon or Orange. I find people either love it or hate cilantro.... And most hate it

8. Feb 11, 2019 #48

Paulie

Paulie

Paulie

I like Lavender and Yuzu. 4:1 or 3:1, I can't remember what it is.