Shampoo (Syndet Bar)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made several, but not one with only SCI. Generally the recommendation is to not use only one surfactant, as a combination of surfactants seems to yield a milder bar that cleans well. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Has anyone tried making syndet bar with only SCI as surfactant? How was it?
I have made one with sci, ctab, btms 50, cetyl alcohol, kokum butter, panthenol, lotus flower extract stearic acid, preservative and I forget which but a liquid oil. I used one of the recipes from Bespoke Book from Etsy. It was my 3rd attempt and the first time with the sci as the only dry surfactant. Ctab is also a surfactant. I had previously done sci and slsa. Made my scalp itch.

Last edited:
I have made one with sci, ctab, btms 50, cetyl alcohol, kokum butter, panthenol, lotus flower extract stearic acid, preservative and I forget which but a liquid oil. I used one of the recipes from Bespoke Book from Etsy. It was my 3rd attempt and the first time with the sci as the only dry surfactant. Ctab is also a surfactant. I had previously done sci and slsa. Made my scalp itch.
We have kind of similar recipe, tho i use capb as my secondary/liquid surfactant. How's your bar?

Back