Shampoo/Conditioner bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gholman38

Reaction score
I made my first batch of shampoo bar which was alright but I am having trouble with static in my hair. I can't use vinegar rinse or store bought conditioner because of allergies. Is there such a thing as conditioner bars? My hair is normal to dry thick, course and dark. This is the recipe I used for the shampoo bar.
30% Avocado Oil
40% Olive Oil
10% Castor Oil
14% Palm Oil
6% Coconut Oil
Any suggestion? :???:

Conditioner bars requires a bunch of different synthetic ingredients, none are made with just simple oils. You could try rubbing a tiny amount of coconut oil through your hair. Just take a dab, a finger nail sized amount, rub it between your hand to melt and gently distribute through your hair, especially the ends.

I've made a conditioner bar with oils, butters, and ewax. I liked it well enough. The ewax allowed it to be washed out without being oily

I saw a post when searching for something else about someone adding btms to their cream soap formula they use as a shampoo & having really fabulous results. No need for conditioner. And using like maybe a gram in a small amount. The post was like "shampoo with no sunset!" Or something. I'm toying with trying a hp shampoo bar and adding less than 5 gm/PPP btms25 I think is what I have on the shelf post cook. We shal see how it goes.

I saw a post when searching for something else about someone adding btms to their cream soap formula they use as a shampoo & having really fabulous results. No need for conditioner. And using like maybe a gram in a small amount. The post was like "shampoo with no sunset!" Or something. I'm toying with trying a hp shampoo bar and adding less than 5 gm/PPP btms25 I think is what I have on the shelf post cook. We shal see how it goes.

Maybe this post? http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=52079

abc that's it!!! So initial results on my experiment seem pretty ok. I used 5 gm of a btms (25 or 50 I'm not sure what ever the Sage is selling, I need to figure this out) ppo. My loaf is still cooling off but I scraped off what I could out of the crock pot & washed my hair. No conditioner which I usually use, not bad. A little squeaky but easy to comb thru & not dry feeling at all. I'll give it a few weeks & see.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back