shampoo/ conditioner bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the suggestions where to buy soap but I am hoping to make it . My girls are 10,8 and 5 years old and they are really looking forward to this .Thank you all for being so generous with your time to help me with where to buy materials recipe suggestions etc. The shampoo bar post link in this post was pretty fascinating. I am thinking that my family needs a more conditioning than cleansing bar . None of us get very greasy more dried out tangle but this may be attributed to putting junk in our hair . :rolleyes:
Could someone tell me the benefits of hot/ cold process soap? it seems that some folks say that hot process produces superior soap , Is this true ? I would like to make the best soap / shampoo I can .
Also I guess there are various ways to render tallow (just got 100 lbs of suet Friday :grin:) with water ,salt, baking soda, dry , triple process etc.... I have one of those large roasting ovens and a commercial stove and 5 gallon pots . So if there are links to threads already on these topics(I am not sure how to find them ) or any responses would be greatly appreciated James

Hot Process Benefits: You can use less FO/EOs. You can pick the oil to SF with by adding it after cook is complete. Can be ready to unmold faster. More rustic feel (at least the ones I used from other since I only CP currently).

Cold Process Benefits: Typically smoother bar, more intricate design options.

I'm sure there are a bunch of others, but that's just what came to mind for me.

Here's an article on rendering fat: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/Home-Tallow-Rendering-For-Soap-Making-and-Other-Uses.html

Back