shampoo bar trial run?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've long made cold process soap. Now I want to make shampoo bars. However, I do not want to spend a ton of money up front -- I want to do a trial run before buying bulk ingredients. My question is about the mold or press, whatever it's called. Is there anything in my soap supplies or household that I can use? I've got loaf molds, single cavity molds, yogurt cups. Do craft supply stores sell the molds? Thanks!

I'll answer my own question. With the help of a Forum friend, I bought Etsy recipes that contained information about molds. Lots of options including soap single cavities, measuring cups, my hands, etc.

@Zing Hey, so I did this recipe: Aloe Shampoo Bar Project | BrambleBerry and it came out great! A really solid middle-of-the-road shampoo, not clarifying nor moisturizing, just middle of the road clean.

I didn't buy the kit, just the ingredients I didn't have (already had some on the list from CP soap) and I used another cavity mold I had from a previously bought kit 6 Cavity Guest Bee Silicone Mold | BrambleBerry and it worked out adorable. Just needed to really press the product down firmly with a gloved hand into the mold, and the details came out super cute. I used regular ol mica for colorant and it worked well, didn't bother with the liquid stuff.

Next project is a conditioner bar!

@Zing Hey, so I did this recipe: Aloe Shampoo Bar Project | BrambleBerry and it came out great! A really solid middle-of-the-road shampoo, not clarifying nor moisturizing, just middle of the road clean.

I didn't buy the kit, just the ingredients I didn't have (already had some on the list from CP soap) and I used another cavity mold I had from a previously bought kit 6 Cavity Guest Bee Silicone Mold | BrambleBerry and it worked out adorable. Just needed to really press the product down firmly with a gloved hand into the mold, and the details came out super cute. I used regular ol mica for colorant and it worked well, didn't bother with the liquid stuff.

Next project is a conditioner bar!
This is super helpful, thank you.

Latest posts

Back