Shampoo Bar 'soap puck' molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy,

Does one have to use a press to make the syndet shampoo bars? Is there a manual (cheaper) way of pressing them? I don; think i can get the puck molds here, but i can get moon cake molds. How can i ensure it is compressed enough in the mold, or does it not matter?

Any advice appreciated.

:)

I just used a regular single cavity silicone mold. The syndet recipe I used was fairly fluid, no pressing needed.

I use hand presser puck, your syndet must be kind of dry to do it. I found the weight the best weight for one puck it is 67 g , it gives me very nice bar, I got new one smaller one so again I will try to get the optimal weight it all depends what mold you use

Attachments

• pierwszy syndet .jpg
    pierwszy syndet .jpg
    107 KB · Views: 34
My understanding is a press is necessary to form the syndet bars that aren't heated to melt the ingredients.

If you do a melted type bar like I do, you can use any mold you'd use for regular soap. I have some small silicone molds that I use that make a 2-3 ounce bar (50-75 grams). I freeze the bars to unmold them and that works pretty well.

I use press cause it looks nice and feels nice in my palm. I melt my butter, bmts 50 ro bmts plus, cetyl , and on the very end I add some prills ;) more for the look of that than lather

I bought a "press mold" from Cada Soapery. I also heat my ingredients, but I find it works well if you use plastic wrap in between the mold & syndet mixture. It's sticky, but it turns out better than the ones I try to shove into molds.

I bought a "press mold" from Cada Soapery. I also heat my ingredients, but I find it works well if you use plastic wrap in between the mold & syndet mixture. It's sticky, but it turns out better than the ones I try to shove into molds.
I swipe mold with silicone then put into freezer for 25 min then unmold it, works ok

@KiwiMoose - If you know of or actually have a 3D printer, I can send you a link to a mold exactly like the Cada mold. That way you can have one made close to you and should be less expensive! Although - a mold is not a necessity if it's fluid enough, as others have said...

My understanding is a press is necessary to form the syndet bars that aren't heated to melt the ingredients.

If you do a melted type bar like I do, you can use any mold you'd use for regular soap. I have some small silicone molds that I use that make a 2-3 ounce bar (50-75 grams). I freeze the bars to unmold them and that works pretty well.

I use SCI Powder and not the noodles, then put them in the mold. Pop the in the freezer for a bit and they are ready. Used SwiftCraftMonkeys recipe at first and they turn out so nice bubbly without any harshness for the eyes. I don't pack mine in the molds because of all the extracts and other goodies. They even pass the test of dropping them from waste high with not breakage or crumbling.

Latest posts

Back