Shampoo Bar Soap Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewDM

Reaction score
Other than jojoba oil, what specialty oils and/or additives do you put in your shampoo bar soaps?

Any other recommendations for making an awesome shampoo bar soap? :-o

The search function on the site could be your best friend. There are many forum topics on this specifically as well as other topics you have asked questions about. The search box is in the top left corner. Just in case you weren't aware you could search.

I'm sorry I cannot *really* answer your question since I haven't made it yet.

However, I knew I saved this thread for my future use. I think the soap brainiacs here have shared a lot of awesome information on shampoo bars within it.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=30946

^^^ This is the thread that I have saved as well :) The "Genny/Lindy" recipe is on my to make list.

Also, and you may have different results, but both my hair and body seem to be very happy when I sub half of my water out with coconut milk. I haven't yet experimented to see if I get the same results with goat's or cow's milk. You could also give that a try and see how your body/hair responds.

Good luck!

As with any new kind of soap you are making, I would suggest you begin with a small(1 lb oils) batch of a basic recipe so that you can then compare to other batches, each with a different addition. That way you know for yourself what each different addition brings to the shampoo bar, and whether it is good for your hair or not.

Incidentally, shampoo bars are awesome to travel with. One less liquid in the zip top bag.

Latest posts

Back