Shampoo bar fail?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmakkers

Reaction score
I wasn't as focused as I should have been and I think I ruined my shampoo bars. I added the tempered egg in at trace instead of with the whole mix of oils. Someone tell me those aren't little piece of egg :( Is it still usable for hair or are those little flecks going to get stuck in my hair? Hoping these are salvageable since I used infused oils on this batch.

image1.jpg

Unless you added oatmeal or some other type of additive, then it most likely is the egg. I've used shampoo bars with egg bits before and never noticed any bits left in my hair. Give them a try and see how it is, if they end up not being good in your hair you can use them for a nice facial bar.

Thanks for the advice! I guess it's a reminder to always double check the steps before you start. My first shampoo bar with egg went so smoothly I thought I had it down.

You could try washing your hands and body with it and see if you get "egg bits" on your skin. It might be nicer to test it that way than to deal with egg bits in your hair??? :)

I tried it on my hands earlier and the pieces just kinda smooshed back into the soap. I assume it's cause the soap hasn't cured fully and is still pretty soft. We shall see when it's ready. But my skin did feel really soft. Guess I have a soap I can use either way. Too bad I put a bunch of essential oils in there for hair. Ahh the adventures of soaping!

Side note....it kinda worked out in my favor. I have someone who is constantly asking me for samples just because she sees the pictures I post. I'm a hobbyist so I don't really have samples especially cause I do one lb batches just for my personal. The moment I told her I had egg flecks in this soap she made a face. Guess she won't be wanting samples of this now ;-)

Back