• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SFIC soap base Co-op?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
UPDATED AUG 5: Sorry, but it looks like we can't make this a go this time. We may try again down the road.

Is there enough interest to host a SFIC soap base Co-op on the 2# containers in assorted types?

We would have to buy a minimum of (7) 36# cases containing 2# blocks.

They carry:

Clear Glycerine soap base: (our well loved "natural" formula 20% added Glycerine, mainly Coconut oil) This is the soap base that started it all! Our soap is 100% pure soap with only the finest natural vegetable oils. We never have any animal testing, animal products (other than milk in our goat's milk soap), no detergents, no surfactants (except our extra clear), No sulfates, no alcohol, and no sugar solutions. Give the clear a try; you will see why people LOVE our Melt and Pour!

White Glycerine soap base: (our well loved opaque "natural" formula 20% added Glycerine, mainly Coconut oil) This is our white soap base that is very similar in formula to the clear soap. All the great things a melt and pour should be only white!

Olive Oil soap base: (20% kosher grade A extra virgin olive oil) Olive oil is known to create a soap that moisturizes the skin and has a great lather. Our olive oil soap base is almost the exact same formulation as our clear soap base; the difference is that we have replaced 20% of our other vegetable oils by olive oil. This product behaves the same as the clear melt and pour when melted. (We can also make this product in an opaque soap base.) Due to the high content of olive oil a light attractive pale yellow color may be noticeable which will darken slightly in time.

Castile soap base: (25-30% kosher grade A extra virgin olive oil) Castile soap is the old time soap made for hundreds of years. Our castile soap base is made from mainly olive oil. It differs from our other opaque soaps due to the replacing most of the coconut oil with olive oil. We also modified the amounts of our other ingredients somewhat so that the Castile base is not a paste.

Goat's Milk soap base: (10% refrigerated liquid Vitamin D Goat's Milk) Softens skin and has a delicate creamy lather. Our Goat's Milk soap is made with real liquid goat's milk as found in your neighborhood grocery store. It is a creamy "custard" color. The Goat's Milk is blended with our ever popular soap base.

Oatmeal soap base: (made with a large percentage of oatmeal) Oatmeal soap is known to exfoliate the skin along with a great moisturizing lather. Our oatmeal soap is made with our opaque soap base and is full of oatmeal. It has so much oatmeal that it even has a sort of "crunchy oat" look! Warning: Oatmeal soap base needs to be heated very slowly over a small flame. You must also put a small amount of water or glycerine in the bottom of the pot when melting or remelting due to the large amount of oatmeal. The oatmeal can burn; give off a foul odor, or both.

Aloe Vera soap base: (made with 5% added Aloe Vera Gel) Aloe Vera is known for its healing properties for skin burns and abrasions. Now you can craft soap with real aloe gel in Melt and Pour. Aloe Vera gel is added to our loved clear base to make greenish base. This soap base is very soothing and cleansing to the skin.

Honey soap base: (made with 10% added 100% Pure Natural Grade A Honey) A generous amount of soothing Honey has been added to our clear soap base to make a light amber melt and pour base. Our honey soap does vary in color depending on the raw honey that we use. It is light to dark amber.

Crystal Clear soap base: (25% added glycerine, exceptional clarity) New formulation our clearest base ever made. This formula is based from the Extra Clear but we have made modifications to make it perfect for embeds. Note: You might notice a bit of extra "sweating" (glycerine drawing the moisture from the air) with this higher glycerine formula.

Shaving Soap: This is a clear soap base made to lather with loads of luxurious lather, great for shaving or just for someone who loves great heavy lather!

Low Sweat Like Cold Process soap base: Our newest base allows you to enjoy the look of cold process in a Melt and Pour! It is perfect for someone who wants to wrap their soap in paper. This soap base is an opaque base that does very well in humid climates with little to no sweating!

Low Sweat Clear: Latest and greatest soap base that is clear and also low to no sweating! You can wrap this soap in paper, and have it in a humid environment!

Shea Butter: (5% added naturally crushed shea butter) This is a white soap base with added shea, gives off creamy lather while promoting moisture and softening. Some even believe that shea butter has healing properties.

Hemp Seed Oil Soap: (5% added unrefined hemp seed oil) This is a cleaish olive oil soap base has hemp seed oil added for its moisturizing properties to make a soap with good lather and hint of olive green color.

Cocoa Butter Soap: (5% added unrefined cocoa butter) This is a white soap base with added cocoa butter, it gives off creamy lather and also give a light smell of chocolate.

NEW Organic Oil Clear: (Organic Oils Only) Our regular clear formulation with Organic Oils.

NEW Organic White Soap Base: (Organic Oils Only) Our regular white formulation with Organic Oils.

Tabitha,
I love their soap and would love to save some money on it!
Do you have pricing examples?
If I remember last time this was talked about I think that when you add the shipping to the host and shipping to mail out to each person the savings was very small?
I'm in if there is a way to save doing a Co-Op on it, as I said I love their soap!
Thanks!
Jeff

I am getting a shipping quote on the 2# containers. I hope to know something on Monday. I should be able to offer sample prices then.

Meeeee! *Jumps around* I'm shifting to do only MP so this would be great! These are the only bases I use. :)

PLEASE NOTE THAT PRICE INCREASE OF 7% BEGINS ON JULY 21, 2008

OK, I got the shipping quote back & I also researched average prices of SFIC in 1-2 pound increments. Prices listed below reflect prices on the website this evening.

compare @ $2.88-$3.25 co-op price $2.50 per pound (save .38-.75 cents per pound)
Clear Soap Base
White Soap Base

compare @ $3.15-$3.25 co-op price $2.65 per pound (save .50-.60 cents per pound)

Low Sweat Clear Soap Base
Low Sweat White Soap Base
Honey Soap Base
Aloe Vera Soap Base

compare @ $3.25- $3.80 co-op price $2.70 per pound (save .55-.90 cents per pound)
Crystal Clear Soap Base
Goat's Milk Soap Base
Oatmeal Soap Base
Shaving Soap Base

compare @ $4.00- $4.12 cop-op price $3.10 per pound (save .90-$1.02 per pound)
Olive Oil Soap Base
Shea Butter Soap Base
Castile Soap Soap Base
Cocoa Butter Soap Base
Hemp Seed Soap Base

compare @ ? co-op price per pound $3.50
Organic Oil Clear Soap Base
Organic Oil White Soap Base

We would have to buy a minimum of (7) 36# cases. 36 x 7 = 252

How many pound could you commit to at this price?

Carry this number down so we can count down to zero.

252-80 (Tabitha)=172 (clear, shea, maybe others)
172 -20 (soaper X)= 152 (clear, white)
152- 32 (soaper Y)= 120 (gaot's milk)
etc
etc

co-op

I would love to participate in this.....let me check my stock and see what I need and I'll post my quantity tomorrow.

Tabitha,
If I were to order say 60lbs, what would shipping be from you to me (50014).
Thanks!
Jeff

Via UPS, (1) 60# box would be appprox $40.00 or (2) 30# boxes would be approx 47.00.

My zip is 75110

How many pounds can you fit in the $14.00 Priority box?

I'm going over inventory, I'll have a figure tomorrow too :D

(The only price I can find for the organic is 2 pounds for $7.20)

Lane,

From me to you via FedEX:

14#-$13
20#-$16
30#-$23
40#-$29

W/o having an SFIC 2# tub in my hand I can't guess how many would fit in a flat rate box. They are odd shaped though. FedEx rates to you are better tha UPS & I bet better than flat rate too.

How much will the co-op fee be? I'm interested, but I'm just small time so it won't be many lbs.

Tabitha said:
We would have to buy a minimum of (7) 36# cases. 36 x 7 = 252

How many pound could you commit to at this price?

Carry this number down so we can count down to zero.

252-80 (Tabitha)=172 (clear, shea, maybe others)
172 -20 (soaper X)= 152 (clear, white)
152- 32 (soaper Y)= 120 (gaot's milk)
etc
etc

Okay just so I understand because although I work in a tax office I'm slow lmao. You yourself are committing to 80lbs of soap base. Depending on lets say if i wanted 25lbs then we deduct down to 147lbs left? Did I do this right?

EDIT: When did you want to order this as well. My sister is getting married in a few weeks lots of expenses unfortunately but I want a lot of bases.

I will order when we have all 252 pound accounted & paid for.

Yes, I want 80 pounds.

Tabitha said:
Lane,

From me to you via FedEX:

14#-$13
20#-$16
30#-$23
40#-$29

W/o having an SFIC 2# tub in my hand I can't guess how many would fit in a flat rate box. They are odd shaped though. FedEx rates to you are better tha UPS & I bet better than flat rate too.
That's good shipping! Even with shipping, I'm still paying less... Stupid shipping rates these days :roll:

I KNOW I want about 40-80 pounds a combination of White Glycerin, Low Sweat white CP and Shaving.

When do you think this is going to take place? It would work better for me in about 6 to 8 weeks.... But if everything gets tied together sooner, that's fine.

That time frame is good for me as well Lane! I want at least 40lbs may change my mind and add more.

I'll probably be in for about 10 lbs I know that doesn't help much, but this should get me started I'm normally a cp soaper, but the sfic bases I can't resist they are wonderful :)

Back