Sesame Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbtreasures

Reaction score
Does anyone use sesame oil for soap? Does it have any value such as moisturizing, softening. etc? I notice it has a stronger smell to it and wondered if it would smell up the batch. Does anyone have experience with it? Thanks to all! :)

I'm not sure if you will smell it when added to the soap mixture but it will add some conditioning properties to your soap. I'd suggest trying it at 5% to see if the odor comes through. Sometimes, with oils that have a smell, that smell will cure out over time. Or the fo might cover up the odor, if any. Can't hurt to try it.

I've used the store bought sesame seed oil once at 5% and it did not overpower the FO, but I use 1 oz. PPO. There is a online soap oils retailer who sells unscented SS Oil. I'll try to find it. It was mentioned at another forum some time this past year and I read about it. It does add great conditioning properties to your soap!

Looking......

ETA: I Googled it and found several sources, but From Nature With Love is one soap oil supply source. Here is the direct link;

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/produ ... searchflag

ETA#2 Soapmakers Choice AKA Columbus Foods also carries it by the gallon jug for a great price! Go down the list to "Sesame Seed Oil Refined" Here is their link;

http://www.soaperschoice.com/cgi-soaper ... 0&cart_id=
Paul.... :) :wink:

Thank you for the most helpful info! :)

You all are the absolute best!! The web site was especially helpful and laid out the shipping charges, too.

:wink:

gbtreasures said:
Thank you for the most helpful info! :)

You all are the absolute best!! The web site was especially helpful and laid out the shipping charges, too.

:wink:

Glad you found what you were looking for....

Paul.... :) :wink:

Back