Sept 2018 SMF Challenge - Carved Soap Designs!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jcandleattic so glad you’re all okay! That really stinks! We were living out of coolers earlier this year, it was nowhere NEAR the fun adventure I tried to make it out to be, that was a hard one to find a silver lining [emoji19] hope you get settled soon

I dunno if I’m going to be able to get this one done, but I’m trying! [emoji50]
Thank you. We camp a LOT during the summer, so I'm just pretending we are camping. LOL You are right though, not the fund adventure it sounds like! LOL

Hi all, I extended the Entry deadline to Sept 28th, 11:59pm EST. We only have 6 entries in so far so I thought an extra day might be good. So get those entries in before time runs out! :)

Great idea @toxikon ! I surely underestimated the time it took to carve soaps, so I'm sure there'll be some people who are very happy to have another day (I almost didn't make it myself..)

I have a bit of a question for you guys. Initially I just took my dad as an inspiration for the soap, which pushed me to try a lot of new things (first time using indigo, first brine soap, first time using wood mold - man I really took some risks of ugly soap..) Thing is, I just realized my dad's birthday is in 6 weeks and it would be an awesome birthday gift. I was planning to give it to him at some point after thorough testing, but 6 weeks seems to be a bit too early, especially with all the new things.
How would you guys deal with this situation? Start to test as soon as it's safe and give it at his birthday or just wait a bit longer? Or...? I thought about making it again next year, but it literally took me an entire week to make those 4 bars and I probably won't have the courage to make it ever again now I know what I'm getting myself into (though I did really enjoy the process! It's just daunting to think of doing it all again).
If I had only realized I could make this soap for my dad's birthday I probably would have taken less risks, but I didn't consider it when thinking up the recipe and idea.. (bad daughter) I just went for the adventure (as usual).

Yes! I've been amazed by each and every one of the entries so far! I'm hoping there'll be more to marvel at:) And it was super fun to do as well, I really feel I've learned a lot from participating.

That's one of the best things about challenges. You always learn something new!
It is.. I think I'm getting the challenge fever:D (though I've only participated in one challenge, so might be a bit early for that:cool:)
I'm very sorry you weren't able to participate this time.. How are you holding up with your emergency camp-at-home situation? I hope you're doing ok/better than before.. the electrical fire sounded super scary!

Your table might get a little soggy.
bubblet.jpg:D
Thanks very much! I'm going to be doing more of these, I love the carving, it really is relaxing. (good thing I've got a ton of soap)

It is.. I think I'm getting the challenge fever:D (though I've only participated in one challenge, so might be a bit early for that:cool:)
I'm very sorry you weren't able to participate this time.. How are you holding up with your emergency camp-at-home situation? I hope you're doing ok/better than before.. the electrical fire sounded super scary!
Thank you... We are coping. The replacement fridge will be delivered today and things will get back to normal.

I missed the challenge.... Again [emoji19]. I always have high hopes of participating and then life happens. I made my bar, picked a few bars to practice on, picked my pic to use as a template, went to the library to print it out and then life happened lol. I still plan to try the carving technique. Can't wait to see the entry pics.

Latest posts

Back