Separating

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eleni_sp

Reaction score
Re: Ricing: Speaking only for myself, if I see my batter beginning to rice, I beat it into submission with my stick blender, which (so far) has always worked well for me.

Re: Volcanoes: Thankfully, this has never happened to me in all the years I've been soaping, but if it did, I think I'd try to scoop up the volcano-ing mess into a pot and stir it into submission, maybe adding a little water and possibly applying low heat if needed in order to keep it fluid enough to re-pour.

Re: Separating in the mold: I've never had this happen either (so far), but if it did, I think I'd either try stick blending right in the mold or else just dump it out into a pot and stick blend it into submission that way.

Re: Cracking from overheating: If I catch it in the act, I remove my mold to a cooler place and smooth the crack over with a wet (gloved) finger and then babysit it until it cools back down from gel, which has worked well for me in my 100% CO soaps, which are notorious for cracking on me. If I don't catch it in the act, then I either just plane the crack off or try to repair it by rubbing over it with the back of my fingernail. By the way- I found a good trick to prevent cracks from forming in my 100% CO soaps- by placing bubble wrap on top of my soap batter in the mold. Works every time (so far).

Re: Soap-on-a-stick: Emergency HP on the spot....or else I grate it up and use it as confetti decorations in other batches.

IrishLass :)

I have the effect of separatig when I use aritficial fragrances. Could someone explain me why? Thanks

Check out the reviews on the fo's you're having trouble with. I made the mistake of trying out a new fo and it was a disaster. I went to the company's site and checked the reviews and lo and behold, folks there said it was a bad fo to use for cp. Oh well, live and learn!!:problem:

I made this in to a new thread to keep the sticky thread as clean as possible.

What is your recipe, including water amounts, and what is the FO, where from and so on?
Hello, thanks for offering help. My recipie is: 630 gr olive oil, 210 gr coconut oil, 50 gr palm oil, 25 gr almond oil, 50 gr grapeseed oil, 30 gr castor oil, 380 gr water, 139 gr lye. When I make this recipie without atrificial fragrances, it works ok, otherwise I have the effect of the image attached. Any suggestions?

IMG_0775[1].jpg

It is your fragrances. You did not say where you got them. You need to change to a supplier with better reviews. Make sure the fragrance oils are safe to use in cold process soap. The ones they use in perfume, candles, or MP soap will not work in CP.

Latest posts

Back