Separate Face Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My face has combination skin, so dry cheeks (with bit of eczema from time to time) + oily chin, nose and forehead.
I found middle ground with tallow (around 50-60%) and avocado, castor and almond for the rest of the recipe. Can't have CO or OO on my face. Both are quite drying. It's strange since OO is supposed to be mild. I use 0% SF. I'm washing oil of, don't need more on my face lol.
I will try and experiment with white and yellow clay in the next batch. I love both in body bars.

I make face soaps with 0-10% coconut oil and my normal 2-3% superfat. You simple do not need high superfat if you balance out your fatty acids. But some here will remember I do not like high superfat soaps and neither does my plumbing. We went from having to clean out our under the house section from 4-5 x's a year to 1-2 x's a year when I quit with the high superfat.

high superfat soap is bad for the plumbing? I never knew that, what does it do?

It's not even done curing but I found my bastile is nice enough for my face. It's the gentlest I have. It's about 72% Olive, 16% Babassu, 9% Coconut, and 3% castor oils. No other bells and whistles were added and it has a 5% superfat. Too bad I imagine some cringing at the amount of cleansing oils but it really is nice for me.

I see...thank you for the reply penelopejane and dixiedragon

but maybe I'll do some experiment to test the transparent soap since it look pretty to be a face soap

Actually lard is intriguing since it is said that lard make creamy and gentle soap.

I already make one. 40%lard. And the soap indeed creamy and nice to the skin. But a bit smelly bcoz I didn't render it well.

Unfortunately I live in country where lard soap will be condemned

Last edited:
I see...thank you for the reply penelopejane and dixiedragon

but maybe I'll do some experiment to test the transparent soap since it look pretty to be a face soap

Actually lard is intriguing since it is said that lard make creamy and gentle soap.

I already make one. 40%lard. And the soap indeed creamy and nice to the skin. But a bit smelly bcoz I didn't render it well.

Unfortunately I live in country where lard soap will be condemned

Yea. Were you thinking of selling your soap?

Back