send help...dying of boredom ...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Day 4 of sitting by the bedside with a sick child....please send jokes, stories, entertainment....please!

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I feel you there - the Little Efficacious Gentleman was in hospital for a few days last week and I slept there next to him - needed Instagram and the assassins creed mobile game to keep me sane.

Praying for a quick recovery

Soapmaker145

Reaction score
Day 4 of sitting by the bedside with a sick child....please send jokes, stories, entertainment....please!
I'm afraid I have no jokes or stories to tell. I wonder if you have a place to grow some herbs or flowers or whatever other plants you might like. That could keep you busy for a while. Or just watch soaping videos on youtube and plan some new soaps. I probably wasn't much help LOL.

Hoping for a quick and complete recovery.

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
Not much help here, but posted in the MEME thread... : P

Going to bed, see you guyz around!

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel you there - the Little Efficacious Gentleman was in hospital for a few days last week and I slept there next to him - needed Instagram and the assassins creed mobile game to keep me sane.

Praying for a quick recovery
Oh Gent, how is he now? Poor little guy...dehydration? Breathing?

I'm afraid I have no jokes or stories to tell. I wonder if you have a place to grow some herbs or flowers or whatever other plants you might like. That could keep you busy for a while. Or just watch soaping videos on youtube and plan some new soaps. I probably wasn't much help LOL.

Hoping for a quick and complete recovery.
Right behind me a large balcony we grow veggies on; but with all the wonderful rain we've had, its a mess so I can't even step outside to start some seeds. And its 70 degrees in San Diego!

lenarenee AND the Efficacious Gentleman as well as their children are now added to my knee mail list.
Thank you very much Steve. She's not doing badly, but not getting much better either. Not like her to stay in bed for 4 days. But the admin at her school says this is just how this virus runs...

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hope both children are well soon.

Here is a joke for you.

What's the difference between a peeping Tom and
someone who's just got out of the bath?
One is rude and nosy.
The other is nude and rosy!

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Praying for you parents, as well as the children.

That virus is nasty. Grown people are down for 5 days or more. Poor little lambkin!

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh lenarenee and TEG, I'm so sorry your little ones are ill. It's SO HARD seeing your babies sick. Prayers for speedy recovery for both. Here's a joke my daughter brought home from school when she was in 2nd grade:

What did the snail say when he got on the turtle's back?
Weeeeee!!!!!!

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
lenarenee, I apologize! I totally overlooked the fact that you had a sick child, I didn`t even see that scentence, just saw the title of your thread and jumped right in, so sorry! o_O

Hope the little munchkin is getting better now!?

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Poor little sweetheart!

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/

She is HYSTERICAL. Her site isn't very mobile friendly - might work better on a tablet than a phone.

Here's her better pain scale with all the numbers!
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/02/boyfriend-doesnt-have-ebola-probably.html

Spoiler alert - the author's boyfriend ate a bunch of Craisins and then threw up, so they panicked, thinking it was blood and rushed to the ER. THe author's name is Allie Brosch. I think B&N carries her books so maybe somebody can pick one up for you!

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lenarenee, I apologize! I totally overlooked the fact that you had a sick child, I didn`t even see that scentence, just saw the title of your thread and jumped right in, so sorry! o_O

Hope the little munchkin is getting better now!?
I could tell you missed that part - not a problem!

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone! She's going to school tomorrow. I think this virus was complicated by the fact she had a growth spurt during it all. She woke up and was noticeably taller overnight; the kind of growing that causes her intense pain, I'm afraid.

But today she was interested in Legos and going exploring at the park creek so I think the virus had finally been conquered.

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hope both your sweet babes are feeling better. It's so hard to watch them not feeling well.