Selling to Soon

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined a cold process soap makers group on Facebook and my head is about to explode from reading all the peoples comments on there. One batch and they're ready to sell and start a business. They don't know what gel, ash, trace or other things are and using aluminum pans and such as molds. Using soap uncured, ready to add additives of all kinds after a couple of batches. Like I said my head is about to explode!! I try to keep my mouth shut or reply in a friendly manner since I was a new soap maker once also. But I researched for months before making my first batch and even now I am still learning. It took me nearly a year to come up with my go to recipe. I just needed to vent!! LOL

I am closing this thread. Holding another soap maker up for ridicule on a public forum is unkind and unworthy of what we expect of our members. We are known as a friendly forum and have been very favorably compared to another forum where this kind of flaming goes on regularly. Please think before you post. We may not agree with information given out on a video or tutorial and it is OK to state that in a diplomatic manner. What is not OK is some of the remarks made in this thread. In case you are wondering, this was brought to my attention by a member who was shocked at the language and attitude displayed by some in this thread.

If anyone is wondering about changes in some of their posts, it was because I went through and did some slight editing to eliminate references to specific people.

The word isn't offensive at all but it's a British one and the letters after the a spell an offensive name for black people so I think that's why it's starred. Even though it's a perfectly innocent word, I looked up synonyms and what I probably should have written was snicker. Sorry everyone!

You're right about the last 6 letters being considered an offensive word. The programming identifies these letters and then 'stars' them out. It's unable to differentiate between these letters being part of an unoffensive word and the actual word which is prohibited.

There isn't any reason to say 'sorry'. You didn't know. I'm sure there are words commonly used in the US which are considered rude in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back