Selling soap logs/loaves.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernEssence

Reaction score
I see a lot (on eBay and websites) where CP soap makers sell their soap in logs/loaves so people can cut it themselves.

I don't understand this.

If a gift shop owner buys a 2 pound loaf to sell it "by the slice", do you cure it for 4 weeks BEFORE sending it to the shop? If it's cured wouldn't it be to hard to cut? If it's not cured it'll be to soft when it's cut and kinda wet I would think.

I'm so confused. :roll:

So when people sell loaves, they cure them for the 4 weeks first?

I never knew because I've always cut my 8 pound logs after 48 hours. I'm thinking about selling logs, maybe just 2 pounders.

I worked at VERY fancy gift shop once & we bought soap by the loaf from London. We cut the loaf as the customers asked for it & in the size they prefered. The customer base was used to being waited on. They were celebs & what not. It went over VERY well.

That is actually how I got into soap making. We sold the soap 4oz for $9.00 which was WAY out of my price range so I just scoured the internet for recipes & figured out how to make it myself.

Customers always enjoyed seeing me cut off the loaf when I did shows too, it was sort of an interactive thing.

This is a very old post, but I was wondering if anybody here gave the option of selling by the loaf, and for how much (how much the load weighed would be helpful info as well)?

Latest posts

Back