Selling on ETSY

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Practically all of my sales are online. I do pretty well on Etsy, but it is certainly not my only venue.

LJA said:
Etsy kinda blows (excuse my french)...I've only had 33 sales, and many of them from the same customer. There's so many other soapmakers on there, I'm trying to decide if my own website is the way to go. I sell FAR more stuff offline. Kinda disappointed.

have you tried Artfire ?

Kitn said:
LJA said:
Etsy kinda blows (excuse my french)...I've only had 33 sales, and many of them from the same customer. There's so many other soapmakers on there, I'm trying to decide if my own website is the way to go. I sell FAR more stuff offline. Kinda disappointed.

have you tried Artfire ?

I'm considering doing that and opening an eBay store as well. I see many people have several online shops.

LJA said:

I agree LJA. I would say as a guess 2% of my sales are on etsy, 98% offline.

Bruce

Well, I do very well on Etsy. It has been a great selling venue for me. It was not always that way though.

I think that tags are the key to success on Etsy. You cannot keep listing the same tags for every item and expect to have good results. You need a variety of words to use. Look at the item and see what else stands out about it other than the obvious. You also have to list something several times a day. I also feel that having a fully stocked store front is extremely important. Joining a team or two is good because you often sell to other team members. I belong to two teams and none of them pertain to soaping.

All of these things work extremely well for me!

Thanks for the tips, Mandarin. Do you mind if I take a look at your store to see if you're doing something, I'm missing?

LJA, I prefer to stay private on the boards. If you let me see your Etsy shop, I will take a look and give you an objective opinion.

Back