Seeking: Neroli (orange blossom) FO or EO that's accurate or close

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnez

What if I....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys steered me well when I asked for a good rose FO, I got two different ones from NG. Ordered 10 other FOs as well, some real nice ones (Mahogany and Teak definitely going in my next shave soap), but one that sort of disappointed me was Orange Blossom. I got excited when I saw it, as Neroli EO is quite expensive, however as a California native who's stood in many a field of orange trees....this one missed the mark. Too sweet, too orangy. I've experienced the same with shave soaps that claim to use neroli as a scent, from highly regarded soap companies too. Is this scent a bit too difficult to recreate accurately? A sort of analogous example of what I mean is the way watermelon tastes for real vs how it's represented in candy.

So any good sources, beside NG?

Sweet Cakes Orange Blossom is my favorite. It may/may not be what you are looking for as far as orchard accuracy, but it isn't too sweet and not orangey. I especially like it blended 50:50 with Molton Brown Naran Ji. I wish neroli wasn't so expensive 🤑

Sweet Cakes Orange Blossom is my favorite. It may/may not be what you are looking for as far as orchard accuracy, but it isn't too sweet and not orangey. I especially like it blended 50:50 with Molton Brown Naran Ji. I wish neroli wasn't so expensive 🤑
The shop seems very well stocked. They've got some other things I wanna try too hmm. Thanks for sharing!

I have Neroli fragrance oil from New Direction Aromatics, and I also have a small bottle of Neroli EO from Brambleberry. I would say the Neroli fragrance is a little similar to the EO, but it has more generic floral notes to it. The other reviewers seem to like it though, this is OOB, I have not used either in soap.

My husband's family have owned a 40 acre citrus grove in Florida since the 1890's. The soap I made with FB's Citrus Tree is by far their favorite, so that's the only one I use now. It's a light, delicate scent that holds well in CP at 1oz ppo, but it does accelerate a bit.
If you've ever been to Florida and bought one of those painted wooden oranges with a vial of "Orange Blossom Perfume" in the middle then you know exactly what this FO smells like...not sweet, not orangey, just that ephemeral, fleeting scent of an orange blossom unfolding in the humid air.

My husband's family have owned a 40 acre citrus grove in Florida since the 1890's. The soap I made with FB's Citrus Tree is by far their favorite, so that's the only one I use now. It's a light, delicate scent that holds well in CP at 1oz ppo, but it does accelerate a bit.
If you've ever been to Florida and bought one of those painted wooden oranges with a vial of "Orange Blossom Perfume" in the middle then you know exactly what this FO smells like...not sweet, not orangey, just that ephemeral, fleeting scent of an orange blossom unfolding in the humid air.

This sounds right up my alley. You've nailed the description of what I'm looking for, something I had trouble putting to words.

Latest posts

Back