Second soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meepocow

Reaction score
I made my second ever soap! This was a lard heavy loaf at 60%. So much fun cutting it into bars, that may be my favourite part of soap making so far! I am enjoying the 1 lb/ 500 g blocks to experiment with, especially since I need to impatiently wait 4 - 6 weeks to know how they really perform!

Attachments

• 20221012_175536.jpg
    20221012_175536.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Nice job, @meepocow! I’m only a few batches ahead and I agree - unmold and cut day is awesome. 😊

A wise fellow soaper(s) here told me to cut the end pieces small so they cure faster and you can test them earlier than 6 weeks. And if you soap frequently, you’ll always have something new to try.

Those first 6 weeks were the longest of my life - LOL

Excited to see what you’ll make in the future. 🌸

And the other trick is to start testing an end piece from your soap at one week (or um, maybe 3 days?)... purely for the sake of science, of course. So you can observe how the lather changes over the cure. :nodding:

Last edited:
I made my second ever soap! This was a lard heavy loaf at 60%. So much fun cutting it into bars, that may be my favourite part of soap making so far! I am enjoying the 1 lb/ 500 g blocks to experiment with, especially since I need to impatiently wait 4 - 6 weeks to know how they really perform!
Wow thats your second soap awesome! Nice wavy layers :) I also use a 1lb mold 👍

Back