Second batch today...Spearmint/Lavender Pics Added

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Here is the second batch today. It is Spearmint/Lavender. I cut up lavender bars into 1" X 3" mini logs and embedded then in a base scented with spearmint FO. Confetti on top.

DSCF3126.jpg

Cut pics;
Spearmint/Lavender
Spearmintlavender006.jpg

Spearmintlavender001.jpg

Part of the mad man's soap work shop;
Spearmintlavender009.jpg

Paul

Cooooool. so are those little mini bars pushed down all the way...like the confetti on top does one piece go through the whole soap or is it just a 'sprinkle' on top of it??

looks cool!

Ian, those are shavings and chopped up confetti on top. The mini bars are down inside the log. I'll cut in the morning and show cut pics. Should turn out really cool.

Paul

mmm its like mint chocolate chip ;)

I love mint chocolate chip lol

Wow, those are fantastic, and thanks for sharing the pics.

I can never say enough how much I love pictures.

Very cool bars of soap. I had to giggle, when looking at your photos and seeing your ingredients I was like "yep, there is the coco. oil, that looks like a bottle of fragrance from Paige!" lol. k

That does look like mint chocolate pistachio ice cream cake slices!! LOL I think I need something sweet now!

Re: Bottles

Annmarie0407 said:
Paul

I am a newbie......

This may be a dumb question...but since I am new to soapmaking....I guess its ok to ask....What do you use the Crisco for? Also, where do you get your big brown glass bottles of oils?

Annmarie

I buy the Crisco in 6 pound cans at Sams. I use it in my veggie recipe for soap. A better deal is the 50 pound blocks of Bakers & Chief's hydrogenated soybean oil for $45.00.

The brown bottles are FO's from certain vendors. Some ship in plastic, the better companies ship in amber glass jars. One company I buy from ships in aluminum containers. :wink:

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Paul

Simply Divine Soap said:
VERY NICE! SO were do YOU get your eos & fos?

I buy from 5 vendors mainly. I no certain order;

1. Soapsupplies.net (Paige Sasser)
2. Tony's
3. Wholesale Supplies Plus
4. Natures Garden
5. Tradewinds Fragrance Company

Annmarie0407 said:
Ok Paul....This is the newbie...again......

Any suggestions on where I can go buy inexpensive olive oil and coconut oil?

PS....your soaps look awesome
Annmarie

To save shipping, I buy my coconut oil from Wal-Mart and my olive oil from Sams.

Back