Second batch - lavender & rosemary soap! Pics!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I hope you all don't mind me posting so much. I'm just so excited that my first two batches have turned out great!

Yesterday I made lavender rosemary soap. It smells DIVINE! I used 1oz lavender EO, and about 1 1/2 tsp. ground rosemary (2 lb batch). Yum!!

I used an oversized silicone muffin pan for my mold. It worked really well! I had actually put some dried lavender buds in the bottoms so that they'd show on the top of the soap, but they turned black so I ended up just cutting the tops off.

In this batch I used palm oil, coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, and castor oil (whew!) It traced really fast (almost too fast - I was a little scared!!!) but I can tell it's going to be a great soap. It's much whiter than my first soap and looks nice and creamy.

Anyway, here's some pics! Sorry that they're so big - my old computer is slow as heck and it took me 1/2 an hour just to upload these, let alone resizing them.... agh!

Look what we made!
HoneymoonForSale238.jpg

Mmmm.... smells so good I could lick it!
HoneymoonForSale237.jpg

Big soaps! They're about 5-6 oz each!
HoneymoonForSale240.jpg

Close-up:
HoneymoonForSale241.jpg

Oh those are so very pretty. I almost bought me some silicone molds yesterday but had second thoughts. After seeing the success of yours I think that I will. :D

new soap

great looking soap! love your "assistant". i like the ripply top. how did you do that? most muffin pans have smooth bottoms. maybe when your soap gets harder you could wet the top, work up a little lather and then dip it in lavender buds. then leave to dry. i've seen some use clear m/p, but i dont know the technique.

i've been thinking of making some salt-spa soaps with the muffin pans.

so many ideas...so little time!

monet

Re: new soap

heart of dixie soap co said:
great looking soap! love your "assistant". i like the ripply top. how did you do that?

I bought a rippled soap cutter from canwax! I think it was about $7 or so. I just cut the tops off the soap (where the black lavender was!)

I had actually put some dried lavender buds in the bottoms so that they'd show on the top of the soap, but they turned black so I ended up just cutting the tops off.

Your soap is lovely!! Sad about lavender buds always going black. Most flowers and herbs do. They just can't take the lye.

cdwinsby said:
I had actually put some dried lavender buds in the bottoms so that they'd show on the top of the soap, but they turned black so I ended up just cutting the tops off.

Your soap is lovely!! Sad about lavender buds always going black. Most flowers and herbs do. They just can't take the lye.

Do you know of a way to get around that (flowers going black), or is there even a way?

Lavender buds or no lavender buds, you did a wonderful job. That soap really does look good enough to eat! :)

What a great looking soap!! Very smooth and creamy looking .. you did an awesome job :D

Back