Second attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prashant

Reaction score
Hello friends,
After the first batch , this is my second attempt, and one thing I want to stress, no matter what amount of reading material you read, but the actual learning comes, when you do the practical. Please find the recipe I followed is in the attached files. This time, the soap was smooth and quick to trace. In this recipe, I tried to balance the ratio of saturated and unsaturated fats, added sugar and salt in the water (1.5 table spoon each) before adding lye to the water and did water discounting. I am waiting for 24 hours to complete, so that I can uncover my soap. I get lot of motivation in this forum, waiting for expert comments. @linne1gi Thanks for tweaking my recipe.

20201010_162347.jpg

Hi, I cannot believe this hard brick of soap, still 24 hours to be completed. I will cut this rock, when compared to my first batch, in another 12 hours. This soap contains Rosemary oil, it's fragrance is amazing.

Attachments

• Plamolein+shea.jpg
    Plamolein+shea.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 14
How hard is it? Are you sure you want to wait to cut it? I prefer to cut before it becomes too hard. If it's like a brick of cheddar cheese, that's when I prefer to cut it with my wire cutter.

Back