'Search' Function

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiastray

Reaction score
:x Arrgghhh!!! Does anyone else have as much trouble with searching for prior posts, topics, etc as I do? I've never had this much trouble on any other forum/board trying to find info from prior posts. I keep getting "no results" and I KNOW I just read about the topic within the last few days! Or occasionally it will come up with posts not even related to my search terms. I give up. :cry:

what are you searching for??

It gets a little finicky...in my experience itll turn up a whole bunch of things I didnt ask for (but i may not be diong it well either ...lol..who knows)

I was searching for the pictures of the Eucalyptus Ice soap (which I did finally find in another area of the forum), and then just for a little bit o' this and a little bit o' that. I should've written down the info when I originally read the post, I guess. I'm still playing with the search function here and there, so hopefully I'll eventually get the hang of it.

I'm glad to know it isn't just me when the search results bring up unrelated posts, though. :) Thanks for the reply.

no worries, what Ill try to do is type in a bunch of words that would be in the post

x+x+x (the +'s make a big difference!)

IanT said:
no worries, what Ill try to do is type in a bunch of words that would be in the post

x+x+x (the +'s make a big difference!)

Ahhhhhh....the old boolean logic technique. It does help filter out the other posts, particularly if you have a very common word in the search. :D

Digit

I always have trouble with the search function, kind of like you guys mentioned. Maybe someone could share some tips. That would be great.

Thanks, Laurie

the ice soap is in the photo gallery. I usually just go to the forum it maybe in and search that way.

Latest posts

Back