Sean Connery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my husband told me, I asked "How did he die?" Hubby said, "He was 90." I felt like saying, "90 is not a death sentence, Old Man." But I left out the 'Old Man' part. He still was irritated by my response. Next time he refers to someone dying because they were old, I will call him Old Man and see how he likes it.

I loved him in so many movies, particularly in his part in the Highlander and also in Medicine Man.

Many years ago Sean Connery landed his private helicopter on the beach in front of our house (in Scotland) and went to visit a relative who lived next door. He nodded hello as he walked past just as though it was a perfectly normal thing to do!! For the record we are just ordinary people in a normal terrace of cottages and up until then my neighbour had never mentioned having such a famous relation!! I've also met his son (although I didn't realise at the time) when he was directing a film called Tommy's Honour in the sand dunes along from our village and he stopped me from jogging past because they were filming a scene. He was very nice and friendly!

Last edited:
The sexiest 90 year old to ever walk this blue planet. I was actually surprised to read that he was 90...

Kind of a strange movie, but i absolutely loved him in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I used to have it on dvd from netflix, when netflix used to be just a dvd program lol.

Oh, and Medicine Man. He was good in that too. Indiana Jones. Too many to mention.

RIP Sir Sean Connery šŸ™

The sexiest 90 year old to ever walk this blue planet. I was actually surprised to read that he was 90...

Kind of a strange movie, but i absolutely loved him in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I used to have it on dvd from netflix, when netflix used to be just a dvd program lol.

Oh, and Medicine Man. He was good in that too. Indiana Jones. Too many to mention.

RIP Sir Sean Connery šŸ™
I agree with everything. Including LXG lol.

He's lead a good life I think. Dying in his sleep at 90 is a lot better than what happens to most I also think. RIP Bond.. James Bond.

And no, Daniel Craig... Nooooo! Lol @TheGecko :p

When my husband told me, I asked "How did he die?" Hubby said, "He was 90." I felt like saying, "90 is not a death sentence, Old Man." But I left out the 'Old Man' part. He still was irritated by my response. Next time he refers to someone dying because they were old, I will call him Old Man and see how he likes it.

I loved him in so many movies, particularly in his part in the Highlander and also in Medicine Man.
Dementia had its way with him so there's that.

This reminded me of when I was much younger, and I said in front of my dad, "who would ever want to live to be 100?" My dad said, "someone who is 99!" Now that I am so much older and my dad is gone, I understand completely. Everything is relative!

I loved him as an actor, could listen to him speak for hours, and am sad for his passing, but he was NOT a nice man. And it's really hard to grieve for someone who was a wife beater, bully, and all around had an ugly personality.

I loved him as an actor, could listen to him speak for hours, and am sad for his passing, but he was NOT a nice man. And it's really hard to grieve for someone who was a wife beater, bully, and all around had an ugly personality.
I wondered if anyone was going to address this issue. He once said that he thought hitting women was no big deal, so I agree, he obviously was not a nice man, at least to women.

I wondered if anyone was going to address this issue. He once said that he thought hitting women was no big deal, so I agree, he obviously was not a nice man, at least to women.
Neighbors, other actors, exes, even friends, all said basically the same thing about him, so not just women.
I'm not saying his passing was/is not sad, it is, especially the dementia part of his growing older, however, knowing the type of person he was, it just makes it harder to actually fully mourn the loss.

Eh? I've been living under a rock it seems. I didn't know he was a wife beater. You don't even need to tell me about the rest if you start with this one.

He doesn't seem too sexy anymore in my mind now.......

When my brother was born, my parents named him Sean after Sean Connery. When I was born they named me Marnie and on my 17th birthday, I watched the movie "Marnie." My parents swore they had not seen the film before they decided to name me. But what are the chances that I have the same name as an Alfred Hitchcock movie starting... Sean Connery? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

For years after watching the movie, I loved the idea of my name being said by Sean Connery and with a Scottish accent to boot!

Latest posts

Back