Sean Connery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh? I've been living under a rock it seems. I didn't know he was a wife beater. You don't even need to tell me about the rest if you start with this one.

He doesn't seem too sexy anymore in my mind now.......
I am a little skeptical about the wife beating part. It wasn't until he did the interview and said that he thought it was okay to slap your wife....in certain circumstances, which at that time we still watched movies where a hysterical woman was slapped across the face "to settle her down"....that his ex wife wrote a book that stated he beat her. This was 40 years after their marriage. When asked about it, Sean said That's a crock of s***t! and no more.

I never once saw any articles about him hitting women and about the worst that I heard was that at times he could be rough verbally on sets for perfection...what he considered perfection rather than what the director wanted. Calling a director an idiot is not going to gain you any points in Hollywood.

So call me doubting Thomas, when nothing was said for 40 years and then write it in a book that was sold. Of course anything juicy or off color is going to sell better than just being Sean Connery's ex wife. And even she said in one of her last interviews that he still made her heart flutter or some such nonsense as that.

I'll still watch his movies and listen to his sexy voice. I may wonder if it was true, but will still like him for his talent. And actually I liked most of his later movies more than his James Bond ones. But I'll be a fan of his acting even though I might have questions about his personal life.

Latest posts

Back