Sea Salt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jherald

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am interested in making soap and my inspiration was a handmade soap labeled Sea Salt. I don't know if this was just a name or if it actually used sea salt. It definitely had a ocean fragrance however, I have not been able to see any recipes with this ingredient. I found a reference to Ocean Fragrance Essential Oil in a soap making book but I have not been able to find it in any of the supplier lists. I purchased this soap as a gift and I have not been able to find the maker again....this is driving me crazy. Hope you can help.

Jeanette

There are soaps made with sea salt so it might have been a salt bar. There are also scents that smell like the ocean. ICS has one called "Cactus and Sea Salt", Southern Soapers has one called, "Sea Air Sandalwood" and AGE has an excellent one called "Salty Mariner." There are others out there as well. Some to me don't smell like the ocean and have more of a perfumey smell. The ones I have listed smell like the ocean. They are very nice fragrances.

I love ocean scented products however, I'd stay away from fragrances called "Low tide" or "Drunken Sailor"... I'd avoid naming my soaps these names as well. :lol:

I don't guess you still have the label? If so we could research the ingredients & go from there.

Back