scrubs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

OK...let me clarify

What is the best TYPE of sugar or salt to use for scrubs?

Dead Sea Salt?? Brown or White Sugar???

With sugars what you want to think about is the fact that brown sugar already has a light scent. The brown sugar compliments fragrances like OMH but doesn't smell so great when combined with scents like Lavender,etc. Many people use sugar in the raw for scrubs, Not sure why, I have not looked into it. many sugars are filtered through bone marrow, therefore they will pick up & contain minute fragments of bone. That is something to consider if you are planning to make a vegan claim.

With salt one main issue to consider is how much you think you can retail your product for. Dead Sea is considerably higher in price. You may think about a blend, maybe 20/80, etc.

Tabitha said:
many sugars are filtered through bone marrow, therefore they will pick up & contain minute fragments of bone. That is something to consider if you are planning to make a vegan claim.

:shock: I never knew that. Wow, something new every day.

Digit

oceanmember said:
OK...let me clarify

Hey....you can not change the question!

Oops, that WAS the original question. :oops: At least you know our prefs if you decide to send us some. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Digit

Back