Scrub & Butters Melting During Shipping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbmm818

Reaction score
Hey all!
So we just started shipping our products and we have had some issues with our sugar scrub which contains coconut oil & our whipped butters melting during shipping. In one case we had the coconut oil leak out into a package šŸ˜¬ Iā€™m so upset but hoping you all might have a solution or some suggestions?! Thanks in advance!

I don't have a problem with my sugar scrubs melting during shipping but I don't just mix oils and sugar. However, I don't ship body butters in the late spring or summer. Too expensive to have to deal with freezer packs etc. I do sell them at shows but keep them in a cooler and rotate them.

I avoid shipping them in the hottest months but sell them at the farmers market by keeping them in a cooler and reminding folks to not forget them in the hot car when they get home. If the weather is warm but not super hot, I contact the person to see if the package can be delivered to their office, or if someone will be home to receive it so it doesn't sit on a porch or in a mail box.

Latest posts

Back