Screened porch update

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
For those of you who may remember my thread from months ago, about finally getting the screened porch I've been dreaming of for so many years, I thought I owed it to you to let you know that it's finally done! Well, except for a couple of details that will wait until spring. Of course, the cruel twist of fate is that it's now too cold to enjoy it. Wah!!!! Although I did sit out there for a while today, in my winter coat. lol The sun came out for a minute, so I thought I'd grab a couple of pictures. My comfy chairs that I got at the end of summer on clearance, they "bounce" ever so softly, I love them. And then, there's my chaise, where I plan to spend lots of time with a good book and a margarita.......when it gets warmer! :grin: The cats are freaked out!!! They've always been indoor cats, and this is a little too outdoors for them, and it scares them silly. Or maybe it's just the cold. I'm sure they'll love it too, once they get used to it. I can't wait for spring!!!!!!!!!!!!

porch.jpg

my spot.jpg

Very nice! Nothing better than a screened in porch.

Thanks, I thought so too. You can sit out there on a spring night and listen to the peepers, or on a summer night, and not get eaten alive. You can sit out there on a rainy day...or night, enjoy the rain and not get wet. Early in the morning with a cup of coffee, listening to the birds. Life is good on the porch. :thumbup:

That's really nice! A good book, or some knitting, while it's raining would be just perfect.Or hot beverage of choice on a cold night....or coffee first thing in the morning watching the sun come up...or.....

You're very lucky!

That looks like a perfect place to relax and unwind. I'm sure the kitties will eventually forget to be afraid - especially if you get squirrels and birds in your yard.

That's really nice! A good book, or some knitting, while it's raining would be just perfect.Or hot beverage of choice on a cold night....or coffee first thing in the morning watching the sun come up...or.....

You're very lucky!

It's the perfect place for reading or knitting with beverage of choice. I was so excited to find that chaise on clearance, it's really comfy, just perfect for this newly retired lady.

That looks like a perfect place to relax and unwind. I'm sure the kitties will eventually forget to be afraid - especially if you get squirrels and birds in your yard.

Yep, lots of squirrels, and birds, and this year tons of chipmunks too. I'm sure they'll warm up to it, especially when the weather warms up, they're not cold weather kitties. lol

It looks very inviting. We just finished a 3 season porch, and also have to wait for spring to enjoy it. But won't it be sweet in April?

Ah yes, spring on the porch! Porch sitting is a lost art, and I intend to bring it back. When I was a kid, everyone had a porch, and they were well used. My father would always go out on the porch with the newspaper after dinner. My mother would sit there for hours chatting with her friends. And I would spend long afternoons with my best friend, playing jacks, reading books and daydreaming. I see some new houses being built with porches these days, but once they're done, I never see anyone sitting on them. A lost art. I'll meet you on the porch in April!

OF course you know it's going to be a long, long winter now. Waiting for the warm weather.......:)
I hope DW doesn't see it or she'll want the deck screened.

Yes, it will be tough, but I've waited seventeen years, so a few months is doable. And I can always plug in my electric throw, wrap myself up, and watch the snow, lol. I think you should think about doing it. Decks are nice, but you can get a lot more use out of a screened porch. (said the enabler)

Latest posts

Back